Visions (Enid)

Enid was freaking out. For multiple reasons and in multiple ways.

One: Wednesday Addams was holding her hand. It had shocked Enid. But in a good way.

Two: Laurel was sitting right across from them, and Enid still doubted that she wouldn't wake up yet. Also, what if Tyler had this connection with her so he could tell where she went? He could be tracking the them that very second.

And three: They were going to confront the stalker. Yet another person who had threatened to kill them.

And as much as Enid was surprised over how Wednesday actually reached out and held her hand, she hated herself because she couldn't enjoy it. She just kept thinking about how many people were after them, primarily after Wednesday. 

The same desire to protect Wednesday that Enid had used that night at Nevermore came back full-force. Unfortunately, it caused Enid's nails to grow long and sharp, so she chuckled nervously and removed her hand from Wednesday's so she wouldn't scratch her. 

Damn it, Enid. She scolded herself. You ruined it!

"Enid, look," Wednesday said after a few minutes, leaning forward to look out the front window. 

"What?" Enid leaned forward to look out too, and saw clouds forming above them. "It's a storm. So?"

Wednesday gave Enid a look. "Lurch, drive faster." 

Enid was thrown back in her seat as Lurch pressed his foot against the gas pedal. Dang, they must be going like 70 miles per hour now. Good thing they were on a pretty abandoned road in the middle of nowhere.

"Look at it now." Wednesday pointed as Enid leaned forward again to look. "It's still above us. And we're moving in the opposite direction as the wind."

"It must be Dorian again, then." Enid said, gulping. They were only maybe an hour in to their trip. Were they ever gonna catch a break? What was with these sudden chases?

"My thoughts exactly," Wednesday agreed. "Though I don't have any psychic connections at the moment."

"Well, what are we going to do?" Enid asked, hating her voice for taking on a high pitch. Wednesday probably thought she'd become a chicken. 

"I don't have a clue." Wednesday replied. "We'll just keep going." 

"Mmhm."

"On second thought, touch me." Wednesday told Enid, holding out her hand. "I'm going to try to have a vision."

"Are you crazy?" Enid replied. "How do you know just touching someone would give you a vision? And why would you intentionally meet with your stalker in a vision, where you can't doing anything but talk?"

"Visions are brought on by emotions. Maybe talking is all I need to do." Wednesday said, answering both of Enid's questions. Enid forced herself not to get distracted by the fact that Wednesday just said that contact with Enid made her emotional. Then Enid sighed and reached out, touching Wednesday's cold hand. 

Suddenly the floor beneath them disappeared and they were falling. 

. . .

Soon enough they had hit the bottom. Enid fell on top of Wednesday, then quickly removed herself. She stood up, dizzy, her eyes quickly adjusting to the poorly lit room they were in. 

"Is this a vision?" Enid asked, suddenly realizing that that was the only explanation. 

"It is," Wednesday confirmed, standing and walking toward Enid. "Why are you here? How?" 

"Hey, I know less than you do about visions!" Enid replied defensively. 

"You both know only the tip of the iceberg." Enid jumped at the voice but Wednesday calmly turned. A boy stood there, who Enid assumed was Dorian. 

"I'm assuming you both know what house we're in right now?" Dorian gestured around the room. "Welcome to my abode."

"Yes, we are aware you are a Thorpe." Wednesday said. "I'm also assuming that you know about the phone call to Xavier, your brother?" 

He nodded. 

"Dorian," Enid interrupted. "Hey, that's your name isn't it? Anyway, why are you stalking Wednesday? Why did you threaten to kill her?"

"You aren't really in position to demand me to answer your questions." He turned to Wednesday. "You chose a feisty one. I saw the hand-holding. Pretty sweet. Did you forget what Goody said to you?" 

Wednesday glared, but Enid talked before Wednesday could. "Wait, what did Goody tell you?"

"I'm destined to be alone." Wednesday said quickly. "But that doesn't matter right now. That aside, Dorian, didn't you say Goody was wrong about a lot of things?"

"She was," Dorian said, smiling. "She had no idea what a real Raven could do with the proper training and dedication." 

"Enlighten me." Wednesday said. 

"All in good time. I'll wait until we're in person for that."

"Perfect, I've always wanted to hear about my psychic abilities from a person who has been turned crazy from it."

"I thought you liked crazy." 

"Not the kind that makes you stalk someone you don't know." Wednesday said. Then, sarcastically, "It's not a very flattering image."

"Oh, I know you." Dorian insisted. 

"Well, we aren't getting anywhere with this chat so we might as well end it." Wednesday said. 

"Very well, turn crazy without me." 

"Says the guy who's crazy." Enid couldn't help but butt in. 

"Than I shouldn't know perfectly when another person is about to turn crazy." Dorian replied. 

"What do you mean?" Wednesday asked, though Enid suspected she already had an idea of what he meant.

"Don't you feel the weight on your mind right now?" Dorian asked. "You brought another person into your vision. Don't you think that might do something to you?" 

"You're insufferable. And not in a good way." Wednesday said, glaring. Enid wasn't exactly feeling as comfortable thinking Wednesday wouldn't turn crazy really soon. "How do we end a vision?" 

"Still convinced? Fine." He snapped his fingers and Enid almost hurled her last meal as she was whisked back into the world.

- - -

They really can't catch a break, can they?

Anyway, if you like this story please vote and follow me!  I would also appreciate you sharing this story with friends if you think they would like it.

Until next chapter.

-VictoryGreen8