Chapter 2: A New Friendship 👯

Sun rays flowed through the windows and landing straight on my eyeballs. I pull my covers up higher and turn on my futon. After a few moments of struggling to fall asleep I gave up. I let out of huff and started to get ready for the day. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, put on my deodorant and uniform, and style my hair the usual way. 'Oh that's right I have two things on my agenda today. Talking to Giyuu, and making food for Muichiro.' With those two things in mind I had a sudden energy burst. 'Alright let's not make waste of this wonderful day!' Then I heard a knock on my door, I glanced outside and it still pretty early by the look of it. 'I wonder who is up this early.' I go to the door and open it. I smile as I see Tanjiro.

      "Good morning! What brings you to my room?" I asked cheerfully.

     Tanjiro returns the smile. "I'm getting ready to go out for a jog. I heard you getting ready and I wanted know if you wanted to join me?"

     I ponder for a moment normally I don't like to exercise in the morning but my physical and skill level are still pretty average. Also I can exercise with another person and maybe encounter Muichiro along the way. Plus I get to spend time with Tanjiro.

      I look at Tanjiro with determination, "Yea I'll go with you but I apologize in advance if I slow you down."

      "Great and no worries everyone has different skill levels. You don't need to be ashamed of it." He responded gently.

     "Your unbelievably kind, and I mean that as a compliment." I smiled at him.

     Tanjiro averted his eyes and scratch his neck. "Thank you (y/n)." He looked back at me. "Though we should probably get going."

     "Of course! Lead the way!" I eagerly say.

.

.

.

     Tanjiro and I begin to jog the route he usually takes every morning. I admire the trees around us. 'I love trees in the morning especially after rainfall because all the morning dew that is collected on leaves. Looks like glitter from far away. So it reminds me of fairytales with magical trees.' We jog in a comfortable silence for about ten minutes. I'm a bit out of breath so I try my best not to huff and puff to loud. I look at Tanjiro beside me and he is still breathing like he is walking.

     "Am I going to fast for you?" He asked slowing down a bit.

      I laughed which probably wasn't a good idea since I was already out of breath. I answer between my panting. " No I'm just out of shape compared to you." I joked. "I'm fine though I like my blood rushing all over my body."

      He laughs as well "Alright then I guess we can start running now right?" I snapped my head in his direction and he burst out laughing.
"I was only teasing and your face was hilarious!" I tried to hold in my laughter because I don't need to cut off my oxygen flow. But hey who needs oxygen anyway, and with that I started laughing along with him.

     Woo I breathe out, "I think I might need to go a little slower after that." Though I picked up my pace just a bit. Partly because I wanted to push myself and partly because I wanted to be in front of Tanjiro. Though he picked up on the silent challenge because he was just an inch in front of me. Then I was an inch in front of him and it kept going back and forth. Next thing I know we're both racing back to the butterfly mansion. When we finally saw the gate we glanced at each other before we full out started sprinting.  We were almost at the gate and I just face planted on the dirt path inches before I could cross the gate.  I rolled on my back and Tanjiro immediately stopped.