Chapter 23: 🛍️Shopping and Tension😬

Tanjiro bent down opening, and closing cabinets. He then moved over to the fridge opening it and looking in for a second. He closed the fridge, and turned to the pantry, and stepped inside it. He came back out a second later looking nervous.

"Alright now here me out." He says clasping his hands togather.

Muichiro didn't respond and simply stared at him.

"Hear what out?" I asked politely.

Tanjiro chuckles lightly. "So the funny thing is." He pauses for a second. "We ran out of the seasonings, and greens."

Urami was sitting on the nearby counter top, chirped up. "How is the hell do you plan a dinner, but be completely unprepared."

I inwardly agreed and turned my attention to what Tanjiro answer would be. "Well, I kinda decided last minute because the idea just came to me."

"Okay so what do we do now? Since we don't have any ingredients to work with? Or should we just cancel it all together. I mean we're unprepared, and I doubt Muichiro will want to any way." I suggested.

"No, I want to." A voice cuts in. "If Tanjiro wants me too then I will.

I took a quick glance at him in disbelief. 'Of course you would only do this for Tanjiro. I mean that's why you came here in the first place.'

'If I cant get Muichiro to go away. Then I will go away myself.' I then turned my attention to Tanjiro. "Tanjiro." I said in the most gentle voice that I could muster. "I really appreciate your idea I really do, but I'm just not in the mood to cook today,"

Tanjiro mouths opens up in surprise. 'Probably because I'm not jumping at a new chance to befriend Muichiro.' But Tanjiro is not the only one suprise.

His face then morphed into determination. "Then go to the store and maybe you can find inspiration. Muichiro will tag along since you guys are making this dinner together. You guys could come up what to even make instead of me."

'Its not a bad plan to fix our dinner predicament, but right now I need space away from Muichiro. Heck I don't even know if I want to even close that space back up.'

I was going to deny his request, but Muichiro spoke first. "You want us to leave now." He says not as a question, but a statement.

I look at the two men in front of me in incredulity. 'No. I don't want to go. I know it's mean and selfish to think that way, but I just don't want too especially with Muichiro.'

I heard a squawk of disbelief, and my eyes darted to Urami. "Hey orphan! She might have not flat out said it but her answer was no. So I'm going to need you and fog breath over there to respect that."

I let out a sigh of relief and looked at Urami with gratefulness, and my heart swelled with fondness. 'Oh how I love you. You stupid bird!'

      Tanjiro looked at Urami and recoiled in shame. He then turned to me with ignominy (shame or disgrace in public) swimming in his eyes. "I didn't mean any disrespect, and I'm sorry if I pushed you too much."

The guilt that was heard in his tone made me second guess my decision. 'I mean if I do go. I can convince him to let me go by myself.......no I can't do that. Tanjiro said he wanted us to cook together so he probably won't let me go by myself. Saying it would be unfair for Muichiro since he is participating in the kitchen along side with me.'

I smiled inwardly. 'However, he just said we had to go together not stick together. That could work! Muichiro and I could spilt up and search for different ingredients. Leaving me alone, and making Tanjiro happy! Alright that sounds like a plan to me!'