Chapter 11: ☕️Bitter and Sweet🍯

I floated back to consciousness and was hit with the scent of cinnamon, wood, and aloe filled my nose. Along with alcohol, dried blood and the damp cloth of bandages. The firmness of the futon supported my aching back. The fluffiness of the pillow and blanket felt like heaven. The pillow raised my neck and head perfectly while the blanket kept my body in a comfy temperature.

    'Where am I?' I tried to open my eye but they were glued shut. My head boomed like a gorilla pounding on sand. I groaned and tried to rolled over to my side, but immediately regretted it when pulses of pain echo all through my back and upper body.  I let out a quiet whimpered and small tears pricked my eyes.

     I stay stilled not wanting to cause anymore pain. My body felt weary and I wanted to go back to sleep. 'What the heck did I do to you body? I'm so sorry.' I cooed gently in my mind.

    My most recent memories flooded back into my mind like a tidal wave. I tense a little but gave a small smile. 'I survived. I'm still alive and it's all thanks to Giyuu. I need to thank him again.' I thought gratefully.

     My head then got hit with another round of pounding. I let out a moan of discomfort. Trying my best to ignore my headache. I let my thoughts traveled back to the dream I had. I gave another small smile. 'I believe that was the only time Muichiro let me stick around him. I still can't believe he thought I was stalking him.' I wanted to laugh at that but my body just wouldn't let me.

   I cleared my head and got my self comfortable as I could. Eventually sleep took over me again.

.

.

    When I came back to world of the living I felt a small pressure on my chest and feathers tickling my nose. I let out a sneeze and groaned. I heard a squawked and the pressure immediately left.

    It was quiet and then I heard two pairs of feet, and flapped of wings enter the room. "(Y/n)?" A voice asks softly.

    I hummed and tried to speak but my throat felt the parchment. I cleared my throat and pointed at it. I heard some shuffling and clinking around the room.

    I felt the bed dip and  someone's warm hand on my chin. They tilted my head and I parted my lips. A wooden bowl was pressed against them and cool water trickled down my throat. I coughed slightly and some water escaped my mouth dribbling down my chin.

    "How are you feeling?" A sweet voice whispered.

   I open my eyes and two blurry figures were in-front of me. I blinked feeling the eye boogies in the corner of my eyes. I wiped at my eyes and blinked. 

    A tanned old lady with white hair pulled back into a bun, and yellow eyes was sitting on the bed holding the wooden bowl. She was smiling gently and waiting patiently for a response.

   Giyuu was behind her leaning on the wall. He was in his normal stoic demeanor but his ocean eyes were filled with concern and guilt.

   My eyes then flicked to the familiar bird that sitting on the bedside table. He was standing up a bit straighter and his eyes were alert with worry.

   I licked my chapped lips and cleared my throat again. I glanced between all of them and then turned my attention to the sweet old lady.  "I'm doing okay." I say honestly. "My body feels like it's been hit by a building though."

    "That's probably because part of you was." Urami said sarcastically. Giyuu sent a quick glare. "What? Just because she was hurt doesn't give her an excuse to be stupid."