Chapter 20: 🤺Training and a Suprise🙊

The following day was bright and cheery, just like yesterday. The sky was a pretty periwinkle, and not a cloud in sight. The sun shined on the greenery making them having a yellow tint to them that glowed. The grass was slightly damp and the smell of petrichor was in the air. Indicating that it had rain last night.

      I stepped in a puddle of the dirt path, making some of the mud splash onto my leg. I bent down to wipe some of it off, and then continue to walk towards the Butterfly Mansion. It was around 11:00 and the sun was warming up my scalp, and shoulders. I yawned, tears pricking my eyes.

    Earlier this morning, I woke first and decided to take my leave. I didn't want to bother him more than I already did. I left him a note that said thanks and that I was going back to the butterfly mansion.

     I let out a sigh. 'That was probably rude of me, but I can't change it now. I just hope I didn't hurt his feelings. Speaking of feelings, I wonder what the others are up too? I hope I didn't worry them too much. Oh gosh Aoi might freak when I'll tell her what happen. Oh wow now that I think about it yesterday was definitely one of my emotional days.'

    I bit the inside of my cheek. 'Still....why do I keep thinking about Muichiro. Even after he said all those awful words, I'm still wondering if he likes the flowers?! Like he told me about the painting but not the flowers. Also did he even give the food container to Urami? GAH stop invading my thoughts Muichiro!' I let out another sigh and frowned. 'Something is definitely wrong with me.'

   The gates of the mansion come into view. 'I'm finally here yay! I'll just drown myself in my comfort food and go to my room. Or better yet if Urami comes by that means I get to go on another mission.'

   I walked passed the flowerbeds touching them as I go by. I slowly open the front door and listen for any noise. It was quiet meaning that everyone is sleeping or that there all busy doing something. 'I'm going to for the latter.' I stepped inside quickly and closed the door softly behind me.

     I walked quietly towards the kitchen and I heard soft voices conversing in the dining room. I assumed it was two of my friends so I ignored them focusing on just getting my comfort food. I heard footsteps behind me and a sigh of relief behind me.

     I turned and saw Kanao looking at me with a relieved expression on her face. I gave her a smile as she spoke. "Hi (y/n). Glad you came back! How was Muichiro?"

I tense and my smile shrunk. "He was uh good, and he likes his gifts." I say vaguely, clearing my throat.

Kanao gave a small frown but nodded. "So do you got any plans today?"

     I shook my head. "No, I was actually going to wait in my room for Urami to get back. So that I could busy myself with another mission."

     Kanao tilted her head to the side. "Aren't you recovering right now though?"

     'I forgot about that.' I nodded my head. "Yea, but I'll be fine. The injuries are healing nicely thanks to Miss Zuri and Shinobu."

     Kanao shook her head. "I don't think you should go on any missions. Even through your injuries feel fine doesn't mean their as good as new." She says with concern in her voice.

I looked at her. "But then what else's can I do to keep me busy?"

She gave me a sly smile. "Well there is something to do."

.

.

.