Chapter 3: First Meeting and Love Birds 💖🦢

I hung out with Giyuu for a couple of hours and soon it was time for me to leave. I needed to talk to someone and figure out what type of meal Muichiro enjoys. So if he does show up he would at-least enjoy the cooking.

"Well I need to get back to the butterfly mansion and figure out dinner with Aoi. It was fun hanging out with you. We definitely need to do this again sometime!" I gave him a grin.

He gave me a very small smile and nods, "I'll see you soon, I just got a mission so I won't be back for a week or two."

I felt a slight dread roll around my stomach but push it down. "I hope you have a safe trip and make it back safely." I look him in his drowning eyes.

Giyuu nods "I will." and waves goodbye. He then starts heading back to his home. I waved back and started my way back from where I came from.

As I was walking I was thinking of my crow that was assigned to me after I completes the final selection. I haven't got a mission in 3 days. He is beautiful looking bird but he just squawks way too much. That why I name him Urami, beautiful to say and has an ugly meaning. That said meaning is grudge. The first time we met was hilarious. Now that I think back on it.

.

.

.

I was sweaty, and covered in scratches. My haori was torn and I stunk something fierce. It didn't help that I probably had mud all over me. Which came from when I was running from a demon and slid into a ditch. Right after it rained. My hair was in knots and I'm pretty sure mud was caked in their somewhere.

I was so relieved to see the shrine and the twin sisters. I look and saw Tanjiro, Zenistu, Inosuke, and Kanoa. I would meet Kanoa later on but at the time I was happy that the three boys survived. After this one kid made a huge fust about getting his sword and Tanjiro sticking up for her. She gave us our uniforms and our crows. While everyone's crow went to their owners mine soared straight past me.

"Uh crow overhear!!" I shout to get his attention.

"Oh I know, but I refused to touch you while you look like you went to hell and back. He scrunched his beak and ruffles his feathers. Especially when you smell like it too." My face burned with embarrassment. Oh this stupid bird stuck up with a stick up his arse ! I could not believe my crow just insulted me like that.
IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!

I smiled sweetly and said "oh is that all? Then I'll get cleaned up after we're done with the ceremony"

I heard him squawk in disgust. 'Oh just you wait you stupid bird, I'll be eating you soon!' After I got my ore and got a sword smith assigned to me I went to the bathing house . I kid you not I spent two hours in their mostly trying to unknot my hair. After I was all squeaky clean and bandaged up. My crow finally decided to visit me.

"I thought you would look nicer cleaned up. But your still ugly as fuck. You looked better with mud caked all over you. At least I didn't get to see your face." He swooped in but landed on my shoulder. My jaw dropped I know I might not be the best looking out there but I know for a fact I'm not ugly.

"You say that yet here your are on my shoulder you stupid bird." I retorted.

My stupid bird cackled actually freaking cackled. "I don't get to see your fugly face from this angle. Also you should feel honor that I'm even touching you. I don't know if you can tell but I'm one of the best looking birds out there. Some demon slayers would probably beg to have me as their crow."