Chapter 28: 🤙Hanging out, and Competition🏁

Giyuu leans down and puts his hands out. His bangs covered his eyes from this angle, and I could see the ident of his collar bone. I blushed slightly and averted my eyes. I sat up slowly, and Tanjiro moved out of the way.

        I grabbed onto Giyuu hand, and felt the calluses in his palm. His hands were warm, and felt nice to touch. After I got up onto my feet, I went to let go because my hands were sweaty, and I knew I probably stunk.

       Giyuu let go, but grabbed my hand again intertwining our fingers. I blush harder, and open my mouth to protest. "My hands are all gross, and sweaty! You don't need to hold on to them, plus I know I stink! So you don't have to force yourself to be near me."

      Giyuu looked at me and frowned. "I don't care about your sweaty hands, that just means I get to hold them tighter. And so what if you stink it's normal after a workout, and I smelled worse." He replied calmly and began walking.

      I took a step, and gosh!! My hamstrings are dying!!!! Tanjiro followed behind us, but I felt his stare bore into our hands. He then jogged up in front of us.

       "Giyuu can you make sure she gets to the butterfly mansion okay, I'm going to go finish my run." Tanjiro says looking at Giyuu while jogging backwards.

         Giyuu nodded and smiled softly. "Will do. Enjoy your run."

         Tanjiro smiled kindly before looking at me. "I'll see you later (y/n)! And enjoy your alone time~" He teased and then jogged around us to continue his normal path.

I tensed and felt my body burn. 'He did not just say that! In front of Giyuu of all people though?!' Giyuu smirked at his comment and turned to me. "We should listen to Tanjiro~"

"That's not what he meant! You....uh..." I trailed off because I didn't know what to insult him with.

"Im uh what? The man of your dreams? He was just telling us to enjoy our walk?" He smiled happily. I was at a lost of words at his statement, and he just smiled wider.

Giyuu and I walked in a comfortable silence, but my heart was beating out of my chest. And my mind was focused on one thing. 'He's holding my hand! He's holding my hand! I REPEAT HE IS HOLDING MY HAND!'

       While I was having my internal freak out Giyuu spoke bringing me back to reality. "You didn't come to my house yesterday." He simply stated. He wasn't mad or anything just stating it. I kept quiet because he obviously wanted to say more. "Did the dinner go well?"

       "Oh yea it went wonderful! We made Nikujaga." I say happily, and then turned towards him smiling. "You should try some! I believe there's still leftovers."

       He turned to me and his eyes lit up. "That would be delightful. I bet your cooking is amazing." He compliments.

       I turned away blushing, "It's edible."

       He chuckled. "Isn't that what food is supposed to be?" He teased.

       "Of course it is! Though it's nice if it tasted good as well." I rushed out.

        "I'm sure your food taste delicious. Your just critiquing yourself too hard." He says calmly.

         'That might be true, but I'm not going to admit that to you!' I defended in my head. "Just out of curiosity.....what's your favorite food?" I say turning back to face him.

         He quirked his eyebrow, and smirked. "Why, you wanna cook for me?"

         I blushed and looked away. "So what if I want to?! Just answer the question!" I replied a bit flustered.