Chapter 25: 🥣 Eating, and Talking🎙️

I go back into the kitchen, and avoid Muichiro in the process. Tanjiro turns around from the stove and immediately hands me two plates. "Here you go!"

        "Thank you, I'll be back for the rest." I replied with a smile.

          Tanjiro nods, and begins putting the rest of the plates off to the side. Muichiro reaches for the other plates of food, while I make my way to the dinning room.

      Aoi, and Shinobu are already there chatting it up. "Hey ladies!" I greet placing the Nikujaga in front of them.

        Aoi smiles and takes a sniff. "Mmmm it smell delightful. What's got you making something new?" She then added quickly. "Not that I mind though."

       "Yea." Shinobu nods your head in agreement. "It looks delicious." She compliments.

       'Oh! Thank the heavens Shinobu is not mad at me anymore!" I celebrated in my head. I then smile wide at the two girls. "You can thank Tanjiro. He set everything up, and we cooked together as well."

       Aoi shot her eyebrows up in surprise. "Really? I didn't know Tanjiro could cook."

      Another two plates are placed down. "He's a  good cook." Muichiro said with some slight happiness in his tone.

      I jumped because he just came out of nowhere, and Aoi sends me a look that says oooo-he's-here!-Did-you-become-friends-yet?

      My smiles dropped a little. 'That's right I didn't tell her yet. No one knows except Giyuu.' I shook my head as an answer to her.

      She gives me a sympathetic expression, and I just gave her a side smile that said I-tried. Muichiro then glanced at me, and I averted my eyes, and turned towards the kitchen.

      I picked up the last two plates, and their are five extra plates for the three girls, Jiro, and Miss Kimura. I placed the two final plates down, and I see Miss Kimura. 

        "(Y/n)! My dear! How are you?" She exclaims with sparkles in her eyes. She stands up, and brings me into a hug.

       I smile brightly, and give her a firm a hug in return. "Miss Kimura! It's lovely to see you. And I'm....doing awesome!" I faltered slightly at the end.

      She smiles back. "That's great to here." She says positively.

      Muichiro comes back with her plate of food, with Tanjiro, and Zenistu right behind him. We all sit down, and get settled.  Aoi, and Shinobu we're both to my left, while Miss Kimura was to my right. Zenistu sat next to Tanjiro, who was beside Muichiro, which who was sitting in front of me. We then said a prayer before we dug in.

       I used my spoon, and picked up a piece and blew on it. I was about to put it in my mouth, when Zenistu screamed in delight. I dropped my spoon startled, and looked at him in concern. Everyone was in the same boat as me, except Muichiro who was eating unbothered.

       "Are you alright?" Shinobu asked gently. "Do you need anything?"

       "Oh no!" Zenistu says smiling sheepishly. He face then turned into one of excitement, and awe "UWAHHH!!! (Y/N), TANJIRO, AND MUICHIRO!!!! YOUR FOOD IS THE BEST!!!" he cheered.

      I let out a small giggle. "Gee thanks Zenistu, I didn't expect you like it that much."

       "Yea, Thank you Zenistu, but (y/n), and Muichiro did most of the work." Tanjiro said being the humble being that he is.

         Aoi then jumped in. "(Y/n) you cooked with Muichiro?!"

          Muichiro flicked his gaze to us mid bite. "Tanjiro was there too!" I blurt out, and then added quietly. "Well yea I guess I technically did."