Chapter XXVII

[a/n: are we nearing the end of this book? Yes. Sadly, I can't make them react to Acnologia's past as planned. Because for the last chapters of this story, I would like to focus on the couples :) Last chapter were 412 and 413 of the manga, this is chapter 414 if anyone is wondering.]

Drops of Flame

"Oh man, I just realized that would be the first time we will see Zeref for the first time," Sting scratched his head.

"You just realized that?!" Orga looked at him incredulously.

"Zeref..." Natsu called.

"That guy is..." Sting muttered, and Rogue was simply quiet.

"Mard Geer, you did well," Zeref complimented as he went a bit closer, "You were just about to revive END,"

Mard Geer was still in shock, so Zeref turn his head a bit with a small smile, "You can sleep now,"

"At least he's nice to his creations..?" Rogue questioned unsurly.

Mard Geer was trembling as he reach his arm in the sky, "Mard Geer can... realize... what you wish..."

"You can't" Zeref snapped his fingers and Mard Geer turned back into books. Rogue's shocked frace was shown as the book of Mard Geer was caught in fire and turn into ashes.

"Nevermind.."

"You..!!" Gray shouted, "You created that demon!!"

"Yes," He answered, "But I don't need it anymore,"

Zeref turned to Natsu, "I wanted to finish my fight against you today,"

"Uh?"

"Nope," Natsu looked so done, because he was anxious. Drops of Flame. He has a bad feeling about this.

"However, Acnologia got in our way," He looked up in the sky, then the camera switched to Igneel and Acnologia fighting, "Will he end history once again? Or will a miracle happen? I'm not sure,"

"What are you saying?" Natsu asked the black mage. Zeref soften his eyes then looked down.

"If you can survive this desperate situation.. I will..." He looked up and his black eyes turned to red with black rings, "Give you more despair,"

There were gulp of fear at his face, that was the face of the strongest black mage of all time.

Zeref and Natsu had a stare off for a bit, before Zeref turned around, he gave Natsu one last dark look over his shoulder before he walk off a few meter before disappearing in a mist.

"That bastard..." Gray gritted his teeth in annoyance, "He took the book with him,"

It showed clips of Sting and Rogue before to Natsu, "Zeref,"