2; Strong Wills And Deep Rooted Promises.

Double update because of the love I've been getting on IG because of this book. Love yall😩❤️

“I cannot believe you just upped and left like that without notice. And what did I get? A message while you’re on the plane? Seriously, Amina? Is that all out friendship is worth to you?” Came a voice from the other end of the phone, sounding annoyed if not even more.

Amina sighed, as she stepped out of the ensuite having taken a shower and adorned in a robe. A white small towel was wrapped around her now wet hair, having washed it as well as part of her de-stress episode. She definitely needed it, after the exhausting day she had.

And if it wasn’t enough, she got a call from the one person that matters the most to her the minute she had wrapped up her robe. If it was someone else, she would’ve ignored it. But since it’s her, she couldn’t bring it in her to.

When she parted her lips to speak, the woman on the other end could only hear string of excuses and nothing more.

“Come on, Inaya. Wallahi it’s not like that and you know it.” She suspired yet again, her feet carrying her in the direction of the vanity stool on which she rested her derriere. “I have been thinking of this for a while now and I only decided to push through with it. I processed everything in a rush, I couldn’t find time to inform you.”

“Really? That’s all you’re going to give me?” Inaya, her supposed best friend wasn’t willing to be bought that easily by such a flimsy excuse. She knows better. “We’ve been living together for a while, and just like how you make your unannounced appearances, you disappear just like that as well. You cannot do that.”

Amina couldn’t argue with that, knowing she’s right. She is a fan of making unannounced appearances and disappearing just as well without notice. This time around though, she disappeared like that for a reason.

“You have a lot to deal with.” She gave in, admitting in a low voice. “I didn’t want to burden you with my problems as well.”

A scoff came from the woman in the other end. “If you give me that excuse one more time, I’ll fly there and give you a piece of my mind.” Amina knows her best friend well enough to know she’s capable of doing just that.

The woman would board a flight and fly to Manchester just to give her a piece of her mind. She’s sort of nuts like that. But then, it’s Inaya Sa’id we’re talking about, she’s capable of things beyond one’s thoughts.

“Try again, give me a reason for you not telling about your out of the blue departure.” Inaya’s voice came yet again, sounding calmer than earlier. How she manages to change from one expression to another without so much as one taking a notice never fails to astonish Amina. “And you better give me a good damn reason.”

Amina could only sigh, her shoulders slumping as she stared at her reflection in the mirror.

The mirror faithfully showcased the captivating depth of her eyes, their rich hue appearing even more pronounced against her moist skin. The dampness caused her lashes to appear slightly heavier, adding a touch of allure to her already mesmerizing gaze.

The misty environment had awakened a fresh vibrancy in her complexion. Her dark skin glowed with a newfound vitality, displaying a youthful luminosity that was accentuated by the droplets of water that adorned her flawless surface. The moisture seemed to emphasize the smoothness of her skin, enhancing the inherent beauty that lay within.

As she tilted her head slightly, she observed the graceful curve of her eyebrows, now slightly dampened and perfectly framing her eyes. The water droplets traced a delicate path along her brows, their presence highlighting the meticulous shaping that enhanced her facial symmetry.