38; Annyeonghi Gaseyo.

Lowkey keep forgetting about you guys here.

Sha, complete book currently available on both Okadabooks and Selar.

14TH SEPTEMBER, 2015.

THE FIRST TIME I SAW YOU.

The date displayed itself across the screen, in a typed format and animation in bold on a black screen. It then changed, and a familiar face came into view. It was young Aahil, from back in secondary school. The uniform and background gave it away, not to mention the video quality.

It wasn't bad, just nothing compared to the quality of the camera in 2023 obviously.

He seemed annoyed in the video, it was obvious from the face he was pulling as the camera was held in his direction. At first, Amina couldn't figure out what was going on, till a familiar voice came from behind the camera.

"Introduce yourself." It was Benazir's voice; Amina couldn't miss it ever. She could recognize it even in her sleep.

The young Aahil, of nineteen years, glared at her—and judging from how its directed, she's the one holding the camera to his face. "I don't want to."

"Come on, help your little sister with her vlog."

"I don't want to." He repeated the exact same words from earlier, his face holding no ounce of excitement whatsoever. It seemed he was forced to be there, and would take the chance to be anywhere but if he could. "It's stupid."

The sound of her sigh came, and Amina could only imagine her pulling up one of her infamous sad faces at him. "Vlogs aren't stupid! Believe me, you'll look at this in a few years and appreciate being on it when I become a famous vlogger on Youtube."

"Isn't that every teenage girl's dream?" He quirked a brow. "You'll quit, believe me. You all do." Amina wasn't sure what happened afterwards, or what look Benazir pulled to guilt trip him into accepting what she wanted. But, he shook his head, his voice came yet again. "Okay, okay. I'll talk. Just stop with the face."

"Yay! Now, let's start again. Introduce yourself."

"Hello," He started stiffly, making Amina chuckle at the look he was pulling. She would be surprised if he doesn't say something to ruin it—he was more than capable of doing just that. "My name is Aahil Tafida and just to be clear, I was forced into doing this. Just, for your information." Yup, there it is. "Welcome to Benazir's shitty vlog, don't forget to subscribe, like, and comment. At least, before she quits." That sounds more like the Aahil Amina knew.

Benazir's huff came instantly. "You're an asshole." She stated, her voice seemingly not holding any ounce of amusement whatsoever. Seemed he had gotten on her bad side. "You know what, forget it. You'll ruin it for me anyway." She dropped the camera on the table.

Though it wasn't in a good angle like it was earlier on, his face was still visible. She could see his lips slanting upwards as he laughed over Benazir's sulking face. It was clear he enjoyed annoying her, might just be the reason he did just that.

She didn't stay angry for long though, because he gave her a few chocolate bars and that was the end of her anger. It was as if it didn't even happen. Amina was starting to think there was nothing important there, and that perhaps, she shouldn't have bothered herself watching it.

Her hand made a move to close the video and do something else when something caught her attention. There was a sudden change in their expressions, his especially as his gaze settled on seemingly someone, or something. His expression was hard to read, but it didn't take a genius to tell he was captivated for a second.