25; Love's K-Drama Script.

Comments for an update tomorrow.

Amina retired for the night soon after the little Ramen moment, leaving with an awkward farewell hanging in the air.

She couldn't help it. After they were done, it suddenly felt as though they were back to square one, and the whole interaction between them earlier one didn't happen. So, she washed her bowl and his as well before he could offer to do it, then hastily bid him farewell and disappeared off upstairs to her room, leaving him alone.

Aahil could only stare at the spot she'd disappeared to for a while, before shaking his head and leaving a small, whispered "goodnight" in the air as well.

He was suddenly left alone, and though he was used to solitude, he didn't like it any more at that moment. If he wasn't feeling sleepy earlier, he wasn't any less then, only even more alert of his environment.

So, he fetched himself a soda can, despite knowing it's unhealthy to take one at night—its one of his bad attitudes, an obsession with sodas which he doesn't seem to plan on letting go of any time soon and then made his way to the living room, settling on one fi the couches quietly.

He had no plan in mind, nothing to do to keep him entertained. Not that he was interested in anything in particular. He was just there, waiting for some sort of miracle.

Now, he doesn't know if he can term what he got then a miracle, but not long after, the sound of soft footsteps padding down the stairs reached his ears, and he found himself whipping his head to check whom it was without a second thought.

A pang of disappointment rushed through him upon seeing the sight of Benazir, seeming slightly sleep induced. Her squinted eyes looked around the place, and as if he couldn't make out whom it was, she reached her hand out to wear the glasses she brought along with her.

Aahil shook his had at the action, the corners of his lips tilting upwards slightly as he was suddenly taken back to a moment in the past when she used to trudge around back in secondary school with glasses perched right on her nose.

Good days.

"Aahil?" She called out in a small voice, upon making out his figure. Her lips contorted open as she yawned, using her hand to cover it before it died down. "What are you doing here awake at this hour? Do you know what time it is?"

"Quarter past two in the morning." He answered without a second thought, leaning back on the couch and throwing his head back. He knows because he checked after Amina left. "Why are you awake?"

Benazir rolled her eyes, even though he couldn't see it as she reached the last stair and then trudged in the direction of the kitchen. "Turns out eating a lot of meat and then going to sleep soon after wasn't a good idea." She grumbled, a hand placed on her tummy.

Aahil could only hum.

Tue sound of her rummaging the poor refrigerator reached his ears, followed by the sound of it closing and then she made an appearance, coming to settle beside him on the couch comfortably.

She popped the soda can she'd picked out open, the action making Aahil turn around to look at her.

"Soda on an upset stomach?"

"Let me be abeg, I'm a Nigerian. Small disease no dey kill African pikin." She brought the can to her lips and then took a gulp from it.

Aahil shook his head, "You should take a medicine before going to sleep. Else, I won't take you to the hospital tomorrow morning if you fall even sicker."