29; The Road Less Travelled.

It's a long one. I surely deserve comments for this.

Life sucks. That's all Amina could think of, nothing else.

What happened to those day when she had no worries other than what to write and how to start writing it? Days when she'd rather sit in front of her computer, staring at the empty pages of her manuscript. It wasn't a productive action, but she missed those days.

Now, she can't even tell who she is. She'd lost her identity in this big world of uncertainties, a world where she couldn't foresee how the day will end or at least have a plan for it. Amina felt as though she wasn't even sure what she wants anymore.

Most importantly, she felt lonely. Lonelier than she's ever felt in her entire life. She wasn't sure if it's obvious from a look at her face, but perhaps it really is.

Why? Because Aahil could tell from a single glance. She may not know it, but she's an open book really.

He could tell something was wrong when he saw the look on her face when the elevator doors opened—if the man with his hand raised didn't raise enough alarms that is. He could tell when he placed that cap on her head, and she raised her glossy eyes to look at his—he could've sworn his heart broke into fragments impossible to put together then.

He could tell when he made his way back to the parking lot, and saw her crouched with her arms wrapped around her knees. He could tell...

Even in that moment, as he turned his head around to look at her while the car stopped upon seeing the red light, he watched her despite her looking out the window quietly. She hadn't said a word to him since he came back. She quietly got into the passenger seat and turned her head the other side throughout, her lips set into a permanent frown.

Occasionally, he could see her pulling the overcoat closer to her, pulling the cap down as well, as if she didn't want him to see her face. He would've known had it been she was crying—because he would've heard her sniffing but there was none of that—luckily.

On another note, he wasn't sure if that's a good thing or not. Should it be good news that she isn't crying, or bad news that she's holding it in instead? Whichever it is, he'll figure it out eventually.

With that thought in mind, he changed his destination from where they reside, to somewhere else he has a feeling she would love. The drive would be a bit longer, but he had a feeling she wouldn't mind. She seems to be lost in a trance, her mind was far from there.

Aahil said nothing to interrupt her moment. He simply focused on driving to their destination wordlessly. It went on for about thirty more minutes, but eventually, he found himself parking before the car came a halt.

The action jolted Amina out of her trance, for she found herself turning around to look at him just in time to see him gesturing for her to step out. She could tell that they weren't at home. Where could he have possibly taken them? She wondered.

Her frown deepened if possible, but she didn't argue. She simply did as she was asked, and stepped out of the car as well, pulling the coat closer to her body.

The night air suddenly felt chillier, or maybe it was her mind telling her so but she didn't give much thought to it. Aahil was already a few steps ahead of her, but she didn't mind. She quietly followed him, the location slowly registering in her mind. She hasn't been there before, but she's seen it in dramas and has passed by it during her numerous errands at work.

Aahil came to a stop by the railing, his gaze set ahead. She quietly came to stand beside him, leaving a reasonable amount of distance between them. Her eyes rested on the infamous Han River. There was nothing special about it really, she thought. Or perhaps, she just wasn't in the mood to revere it but still.