36; A Mosaic Of Healing.

Complete book currently available on Okadabooks and Selar. Link on my message board. Thank you.

And if you've read it already, please send in your review. Thank you ❤️

"I saw you." Amina admitted, before he could part his lips to give her an answer. His silence had dragged long enough, and she was in fear of getting rejected so she was quick to add. She inhaled deeply, hoping she won't regret admitting this to him. "The day I arrived at Jeju, I saw you that night."

His brows instantly drew in, his mind rewinding back to that day to remember what happened. She elaborated though, picking out that specific memory.

"-I saw you playing...for the first time." Her heart squeezed upon remembering the state she saw him in. It was hard to explain how she felt as that moment really. She could feel and see his pain-that was the day she started seeing a side of him she'd never seen before.

The vulnerable side he keeps tucked away under the image of the rude, confident and collected guy he puts in front of her. That façade began to chip away that day, piece by piece, unraveling the man standing behind the mask.

His mind picked out that memory. He sure remembers not joining them because he wanted a moment to play without them around. He didn't want to be in the presence or anyone, or to have any audience. He hadn't had an audience watch him in a while, he wanted it to stay like that.

He had no idea she saw him. In that moment he hated to be seen.

Her lips folded in, having realized his expression was hard to read. It was difficult to tell whether he's upset about her watching him, or he's having some other feeling. He's hard to read. He's always been like that.

The action made her uneasy, and deeply, she regretted bringing it up. It would've been better to remain in the dark than be confronted with such uncomfortable silence.

But, there was no backing down. She had already started. Might as well take it to the end.

Suspiring, she blinked and looked away for a brief second, recollecting the tender memory. "Even as someone who had no knowledge nor interest in football then, I could see it. I could feel your pain and though I would've denied it then, my heart broke for you. One thing I couldn't wrap my head around though was the story behind it."

Aahil held her unwavering gaze with his emotionless ones, his facial expression bare as a canvas. Amina hated that expression. It made her feel as though she was talking to a wall. It's dumb, and stupid.

Still, she continued. There was a slight distant look in her eyes this time around, like she could see the moment right before her eyes. "I watched your previous matches. Not all, but I've seen most of them." She confessed, though deep down she had no plan of letting him know. She didn't seem to care then though. "You love football. I could see the love you have for it but...you're giving it up. That's the reason you had an argument with Dean, isn't it? You want to give up something you've dedicated your whole life to?"

She had been curious as to what could've made the two brothers break apart like that. What could possibly be reason enough for Dean, whom idolize Aahil to just antagonize him like that? There had to be a damn valid reason because he doesn't seem like the type that would be irrational. 

Benazir slipped the little piece of information to her, seeing she was left in the dark. She didn't give her much, just that it has something to do with Aahil giving up his dream and Dean not agreeing to it in the slightest. From then on, Amina tried to chirp in the remaining pieces together but it doesn't work.