30; Soulful connections in Seoul.

I love the growth in this chapter

I love the growth in this chapter. So much!

Was it a miracle, or a coincidence?

Amina wasn't sure which it is exactly. She wouldn't term it karma, since she doesn't believe in that so she'll leave it to the first two. It has to be either. She couldn't believe her eyes when she woke up the next day, and came across the message on Hallyu staff work page where all information regarding staffs was posted.

It was a habit Amina had developed—to always check it so she won't be caught off guard by some news. She makes sure to check the page first thing in the morning before getting out of bed.

So, you can imagine how surprised her sleep induced self was when she saw the post. Her eyes were slightly squinted, as she wasn't fully awake then. Her fingers slowly tapped the page and scrolled through it, coming to a halt when her eyes fell on it.

She jolted upwards, sitting upright with wide eyes and sleep nowhere in sight. Her mouth was hung agape, eyes taking in the words written on the screen repeatedly.

She even lightly pinched herself with her free hand to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

She wasn't. Her eyes weren't deceiving her.

Veronica has been transferred to the branch in Busan. She no longer works in the Seoul branch. It means Amina is free of her wrath and any other she would've had to face in the future.

The woman is out of her life!

Unable to contain her happiness, Amina wasn't sure when she got on her feet and started jumping on the bed, giggling in the process and not bothering to hold back her squeals—the small device clutched in her hand like her life depended on it.

Where was the sleep that clouded her vision just five minutes ago? It was nowhere to be found, almost as if it had left to celebrate no longer having to be sleep deprived for work sakes.

The action continued for about a minute, before she came down from her high. Releasing a huge, contented sigh, her eyes skimmed the post yet again, and again, till the notice was imprinted in her brain she could state it without checking her phone.

Eventually, she decided to stop obsessing over it and got out of the bed, light on her feet as she made a beeline to the ensuite to get ready for the day. Upon taking her shower, she wrapped herself in a robe and even attempted to make breakfast. Keyword—attempted.

She realized after burning the first toast that she'd rather go for takeout. It sounds like a much better plan. She shouldn't let her awful cooking skills ruin the day for her. With such enthusiastic thought in mind, she disposed the burnt toast and decided to order breakfast instead.

However, before she could do so, she heard the doorbell ring—making her brows furrow. With lips slanted into a deep frown, she picked up a hijab she had discarded earlier on the sofa after subh prayer and threw it on to cover herself, before making her way to the door.