Chapter 8

Finally, they were rescued after an hour.
When maid Najma noticed that Ayzel was not anywhere to be seen. Her senses instantly concluded that she must have locked herself inside the cold storage room.

She rushed there but when she opened the door, the scene was terrible there. Zain and Ayzel both were freezing. She called out other helpers and asked them to bring blankets. They helped both of them.

Ayzel was still weekly conscious. But Zain's condition was not good.

The doctor came and checked both of them. Ayzel condition was okay, though she needed rest. She would have been suffering if Zain had not covered her in his warmth.

"Ayzel how did you get yourself locked despite my warning? And what was sir doing there? Aliya madam will kill us all if she ever comes to know this" Najma enquired her. She was worried. Because Zain is her precious grandson. She can't tolerate even a single scratch on him.

"It just happened. I don't know how." She told Najma in guilt. She did not find the strength to tell her the truth.

Her impulse behavior today cost both of them.

"How is Sir Zain now?" she asked Najma.

"Just pray that he would recover soon. The doctor strictly asked us to take serious care of him. Oh Sh**, I have to prepare soup for him. I forgot." the maid remembered.

Ayzel stood up from bed.

"Where are you going now? You need rest as well," she said anxiously.

"I am fine now. I will make soup for him." Saying this she rushed to the kitchen and started making soup for him. When she knocked on the door, Zain's guard, or more accurately his right man Osama opened the door.

He was looking at her with suspicious eyes.

"Soup," she told.

Without saying anything, he moved aside, giving her space to come inside.

She placed the soup on the side table. She quickly stole a glance from his face. He was sleeping. His face color was not looking healthier.

"What were you doing with the boss?" his voice brought her out of her bubble.

"I..I..".  She could not give him a proper answer.

"If I had not found you in comprising position, I would have taken you as the killer,"  he told her dangerously.

What killer and she.

He could he even think that.

"I am not a killer." Ayzel did not look at him but anger was evident from her posture.

"Get out," he ordered her.

And Ayzel rushed out.

At night she was tossing on the bed. She was restless. She wanted to talk to him. Listen to his voice. She wanted to make sure that he was all right.

Finally, she decided to check on him.

She, first, peeked inside the room. She internally thanked that Osama was nowhere to be seen.

With slow and soundless steps she moved to Zain. He was still sleeping.
She sat beside him.
She was looking at him with teary eyes.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry. I don't want to hurt you. It was just an accident. Please get well soon. You saved my life today and what did I do? Hurt you." she hiccupped. Then what overwhelmed her, she placed her head on his torso. She was crying hard. She was asking his forgiveness.
Due to Exhaustion, she slept like this, unknowingly.

Suddenly Zain's eyes opened. He was awake the whole time listening to her.

For some unknown reason, he liked it.

He was now creasing her hair sprawled on his chest.

His bodyguard entered. He pointed the gun at Ayzel. He thought his boss was in danger.

But this angered Zain. With the point of his finger, he told Osama to get out of the room.

"Sickness can be a blessing, sometimes. Isn't it? Beautiful lady." he told this to her sleeping figure.

"Soon our positions will be altered on this bed. My squirrel. " and his expression morphed into the devilish one.

Pure sinful look on his face.

The bright sun rays coming out of the window, made Ayzel stir from her sleep. She rubbed her eyes. She felt pain in her back. She looked here and there to recognize her surroundings.

Realization hit her. She slept in the monster's room, and on his chest. She gasped loudly.

"Good morning Squirrel." Zain greeted him with a faint smile.

"Eeee...You are fine. All glory to Allah. Thanks to Allah, nothing happened to you." she squealed in happiness.

"I am still feeling weakness." he pouted. But he was totally fine. He was just seeking her attention.

"Do not worry. I will take care of you. Just stay on the bed. I will bring breakfast for you. And then I will give you medicine." she told him enthusiastically.

But all her energy vanished when the sight of Osama appeared in the room.

"Boss, how are you feeling now?" he asked ignoring Ayzel.

Zain only shook his head to tell him that he was doing well now.

"Can't you see he is still sick? Now get out of here. I have to take care of him." She folded her arms on her chest, and she was fuming.

Both Zain and Osama looked at her surprised.

"He called me killer last night," she complained to Zain.

"Osama you are suspended," he ordered.

"Now Happy?" he asked Ayzel.

She nodded her head in satisfaction.

True to her words. She took great care of him. She fed him. Prepared simple but tasty meals for him.

"How are you feeling now?" she was giving him medicine.

"Better than before." a liar. He was never sick at all.

"Thank Allah. I was very worried that something happened to you because of me. But it's not entirely my fault. You should not have come inside like that." She put all the blame on him.

"Great, girl, just great. And it was also me who pushed himself on the door." he twitched his lips.

"Okay. 50-50. We both are responsible for this accident." she finished the matter.

She was setting things on the table. When she turned, at the same time Zain moved a bit to put the glass on the table.

Their lips brushed each other.

Erratic heartbeats echoed in the room.

Time stopped for them.

They both stilled in the same position.

"I..I..will take my leave now," she said awkwardly and left the room.

Or did she escape from the situation?

But it was too late to escape now.

Her aura is already rooted inside the heart of the devil. And now there will be no escape.

So what are your thoughts, my dear readers? Will Zain succeed in trapping Ayzel in his trap? 😳😳