Chapter 10

"So what did you investigate?" he asked Osma. They both were in his study.
Sitting on his chair, he was playing with a Crystal ball. His posture was dangerously calm. Someone dear to him was hurt.

"Boss, Toofan was harmed. He was provoked. This was placed under his seat." he showed him something. It was dry bark-like things with sharp thrones.

"And we knew the culprit too," Zain said with a stone-cold face.

"It's time to announce the verdict."Said Zain and spun the crystal ball.

By that time, Aliya Khanum and Asma returned too. Burhan and Zikria also came when they heard about Ayzel's condition.

Zain gathered them in the Main hall.

"Any specific reason for your today's crime, Warda?" Zain asked her. He decided that today she will bear the consequences of her action.

"What crime brother, that poor maid did not know how to ride a horse and you are blaming me for her fault?" she shamelessly denied.

"WARDA!" he yelled her name.
Blood appeared in his eyes. " I am not a feeding child or Dadi Jaan, who can be fooled by your tactics. Today you crossed a line. All the servants and people here listen with open ears, from now on Warda's friend will not step inside here. And no one is allowed to go to the stable without my permission." He was fuming.

"And if my orders get ignored, you all should be ready to face hell," he announced his final words.

"Bhai, are you doing this to me for that cheap maid?" Warda was hurt. She could not digest the fact that his dear brother had done this to her.

"No, I have done this because you hurt someone close to me. My Toofan got hurt by your silly action. And I will not tolerate this. You have your own place too either you will kill someone there or do drug dealings, I don't give a damn. But not in my place. Period." He went away.

"Warda, how can you go this far? Huh? Thanks to Allah that poor girl did not get any serious injury. What would happen if she gets any fracture? She could get a fatal injury too!" Zikria scolded her with a little concerned face. But this concern was not for Warda, but for Ayzel.

"She can die, I don't give a damn. Like we don't know what bhai does here?" she scoffed.

"It would be better if you leave now." This time Aliya Khanum spoke. Warda picked up her purse and strode out in anger.

But she promised to extract revenge from Ayzel, any time soon.

Zikria instructed Asma to take care of Ayzel. Asma went to her with Burhan. He wanted to see her too. But she was sleeping under the effect of painkillers.

"Poor girl. If only I knew that any of this would happen, I would have never left her alone here." She was creasing her head. Her heart panged on seeing her injuries.

Burhan facial expressions were painful too.

They both left from there.

At night she was awake now. Asma Khala was feeding her soup.

"Asma Khala I can't eat more. My face is hurting." she sniffled. Her chin had turned blue and purple. Bruises were now dominant on her face. She was feeling real pain now.

"Little bit more. You need food too, to recover soon." she coaxed her.

It was time to give tea to Aliya Khanum, so Asma instructed the maid to feed the rest of the soup. She obliged.

"I know you are hurting, but this accident came as a blessing in disguise." the maid told her in a hushed tone. Her eyes were shining.

"What are you saying?" bewildered Ayzel asked.

"For the first time, Zain sir has taken action against Warda Madam. He forbade her friends' entry here." And then she revealed all the scenes that happened earlier.

For a moment she forgot her pain. She was immersed in deep thinking about why would a man of status like Zain scold her sister for a person like her. She is only a kind of servant here.
She zoned out. Her chain of thinking was broken when Burhan entered. He came with lots of chocolates and a teddy bear.

"Ayzzzellll....I missed you so much." he hugged her lightly.

"You brought these for me?" she asked in childish excitement.

"No, for Dadi jaan." he gave her a duh look. "of course for you dumbo. Tell me seriously, if you have hurt your head." he inspected his head in a pretending manner. She giggled.

And then both spend time together till midnight. He promised her, that if next time Warda does such a thing, he would give her a taste of her own medicine.

But unknown to them a person was observing them from peeking through the door.
And their chit-chat angered that person. And that angry person could do anything.

A loud crashing sound got their attention. Burhan went out to check. A broken vase was lying there. He was surprised too at how that happened. But he shrugged his shoulders. He bid goodnight to her and took the path to his room.

When Burhan entered his room he was startled to see a dark silhouette of a man. It was Zain. If he was not his cousin-brother, Bruhan for sure thought that he might come here to kill him.

"Bhai You! You scared me." he released a confused laugh.

"And why did you get scared? Hmm? Kya koi chori kar k aye ho?" The toxicity in his voice can be felt. (Did you steal something?)

"Bhai what are you saying?" he was getting more confused.

Zain laughed." You should check your face hahahhahah. Nothing to worry about. I am just worried about you. After all, you are my little brother." he patted Burhan's Shoulder.

"Burhan beware of small spiders at night. They can easily trap you." Burhan could not understand the double meaning of his words. Giving one final squeeze on his shoulder, Zain left bewildered Burhan there.

Was he actually worried about his little brother? No, he was worried that his little prey was trapped by someone else before him. And he can't let that even. He can't even let his brother come between him and his prey.

And he has to do something soon.

So what are your thoughts, dear readers? Zain is getting desperate for her. Would his desperation destroy lives?

Please vote, comment and share. ;)