Chapter 11

After resting and taking proper medication, Ayzel was now fit to work. She could not thank enough Asma Khala. Zikria also asked about her. Their love and care overwhelmed her heart.

Can strangers be caring that much?

She was in the kitchen with Burhan. He showed her a picture of a dish, and now she was preparing it for him. She needed something from the cabin but her hand could not reach it.

"Would you like to help me, Mr. Tall?" she called Burhan for help.

He chuckled and helped her.
"Why not my little sister." he squeezed her cheeks. Yes in a short passage of time, they both developed the sibling bond.

"From where do you all get the genes of height?" she asked him in astonishment. Yeah, Zain and Burhan's height is 6 feet and something. Even Aliya Khanam has a taller height. Though her height was not that short, Ayzel was tiny compared to them.

"Well, you see Dadi Jaan is tall. My grandfather and Tayabu(elder uncle) were also tall. My mama is short..", suddenly his eyes teared up.

"I am sorry Burhan."it was not her intention to make him sad. Sudden discussion refreshed his wound. He missed her dead mother.
He smiled dejectedly.

"Ayzel do you want to see my mother?" he wiped his tears.

"Well, I would like to. If it is okay with you." She agreed.

After finishing the dish he took her to a room. Nobody other than family was allowed to enter there. The room was dark and silent. The door was made up of glass and wood. Old albums were placed there. Burhan started with the wedding Albums of his parents.

Ayzel was awestruck when she saw his mother's picture. She had never seen such a beautiful bride. She was looking regal and the epitome of beauty. She felt an unfathomable connection with her.

"She is so beautiful," she whispered. Her voice was lost. "You have your mother's eyes." she complimented. Burhan had brown eyes, unlike his father, zikria, who had ocean-blue eyes. Ayzel always felt warmth and affection in his eyes.

Then he showed her his childhood pictures. He told her all of their ages. He was 24, Zain was 29 and Warda was 25 now. Burhan was the youngest child in the house.

"Sometimes I wished that I also had a sister," he said sadly while tracing the picture of Zain and Warda.

"My mom died when I was only 2 years old," he told her.

"Your father, I mean Zikria Sir, he did not marry again. Why?" she was quite nervous while asking this question. First, this was a very personal question, and second, she did not want to press a hurting nerve.

On hearing this Burhan's facial expression changed. Lines appeared on his forehead. Dark memories of the past surfaced in his mind.

"Because my Tayaabu already made that mistake." he still answered her somehow.

"My mother was pregnant with my sister when she died." his voice teared up. The Dam of emotion broke inside him. Ayzel cried with him too. Because they both shared a common grief.

After they both cried to their content, they were feeling light now. Sharing and expressing your grief indeed lessens the pain.

"You know what, I always wanted a sister like you. And Allah finally listened to me." he beamed at her.

"And you are the best brother." and they both hugged each other. And it was the grave mistake and the last nail in the coffin. Zain saw them hugging each other through the glass of the door. He misunderstood their relationship.

After finishing all the work she went to her room. She closed the door and just took one step when she was pushed to the nearby wall. Before she could scream a rough and callous hand covered her mouth.

"A single word from your mouth and you are done," Zain warned her through his murderous eyes. She tried to fight his hand, but all in vain. She was afraid that this madman would kill her at any moment. Her eyes swelled up with tears. A stream of tears flowed from her eyes. She tried to scream but only a muffled sound came. She only stopped when Zain showed her a dagger.

"I am removing my hand. But if you try to show any smartness the next moment I will push this dagger into your throat. Understood?" his voice was hoarse. The sight of the dagger numbed her. She could not even move a muscle, let alone scream. She was shaking with fear. Which mistake had brought this moment into her life? A girl who easily got sacred by an insect now was at the dagger's end.

" So tell me what is cooking between you and my little brother. Which recipes were being taught in darkness and loneliness? Huh!" he was touching the dagger's edge with her delicate neck. She could feel its sharp end.
"You are thinking wrong. He is just like a bro.."

"SHUT UP. JUST ANSWER WHAT HAD ASKED?" he barked at her. He did not let her complete.

She was sweating badly.

" We.....a..rre..jus..t. Seeing...I..showed...he?" meaningless words were coming out of her mouth.

"What were you showing him? Are you showing this?" he said sliding the dagger between her cleavage.

"Or THIS?" and then he touched her down there. Her breath hitched.

She was never touched by a man like this let alone glanced with evil eyes.

"If.I.ever.find.you.close.to.Burhan. that.would.be.your.last.day.on.the.
earth.I.would.trapped.your.soul.along.with.your.body." he threatened her through gritted teeth.

Giving her one final hard push on the wall, he exited. He got out of the house to vent his anger somewhere else.

Ayzel slid against the wall. She curled herself in a ball on the floor. And cried hard.
"Mama, where are you? Your daughter needs you. Ya, Allah please save me." She was sobbing.

He went to his penthouse. He released all his frustration and anger there.

"Arghhhhhh" he screamed. He broke all the things there.

They both were in a miserable state and the reasons for each other misery at the same time. Would they become the source of peace for each other or both get themselves burned?

So this fire chapter is out.
Express your thoughts guys.
Vote, comment, and share.  ;)

And also try my other books too.