Chapter 14

"She won't open the door. Because I scolded her." Everyone turned their necks, upon hearing Zain's words.

None of them could digest the fact that he scolded a girl like Ayzel, obedient and efficient. And how did Ayzel have endured his scolding? Because she could easily get sacred even upon seeing an insect.

It was like a mouse against a blazing dragon.

"She was wasting time with you and lacking in work. So I have to reprimand her." Zaid said casually followed by shrugging off his shoulders.

"What...Bhai how could you? Ap bhi haad kar detay hai." Burhan disapproved of his behavior. (You cross limits sometimes).

Before Zain could reply to him, a solid smack landed on his head by Asma Khala.

"That's why the poor girl was frightened. I wondered what happened to a fine girl. And it was you behind her sudden changed behavior." Then Asma told them about the kitchen incident.

"Son, many mature people can't stand your wrath and anger, and Ayzel she is still young. She is the youngest employer we have hired till now. You should not have done this." Aliya Khanum also expressed her dejection.

Burhan stood up in anger. Zikria gripped his arm to stop him.

"Son, now what is wrong with you?"
Burhan took out his hand from his grip.

"Just talk to your evil niece and nephew. They both knew how to ruin someone's happiness." he just didn't end up crying in front of him. He rushed to his room in anger. Having a sister was an emotional topic for him. Because he lost her sister even before having her. And after that, he was not blessed with a sibling. There was a loneliness inside him.

"Burhan!" his grandmother shouted to call him back but he was heartbroken at the moment. He would not listen to them.

                  ******************

The next morning, Zikria made an appearance in Ayzel's room. He initiated the talk.

"Ayzel beta, yesterday Burhan came to you. You did not welcome him. And we all knew the reason behind it too. Zain should not have scolded you. I know you have not made any mistakes. He must be angry with Burhan's nonseriousness and you became the victim."

Ayzel was looking down.

That monster had not told him the whole truth. He attacked my dignity. I wished I could tell it to you, Uncle, thought Ayzel.

He sighed and then continued. " My son has suffered too much loneliness because of me. But he never complained. It does not matter How many cousins one has, they can't substitute his siblings. My son only asked for a complete family. I gave him every luxury but could not fulfill his one wish. And after years he had someone to call sister."Gloominess washed over his face. Then he joined his hands in front of Ayzel. " Beti (daughter) I apologize on behalf of Zain. I know he will never apologize. But please Because of him don't punish my son." a father begged her.

Ayzel immediately held his hands. " Uncle! What are you doing? Don't do this. You are my elder. You don't need to ask for forgiveness on others' behalf." She was crying due to shame. Zikria did not have to do this if she had not returned Burhan last night.

She promised him that she would not treat Burhan rudely. And Zikria assured her that from now on, no one would interfere between her and Burhan.

                    *****************

Meanwhile, Zain went to Burhan to cheer up his mode. He had made a mistake and now he have to mend it too.

"Your face is not looking less than a Grumpy Deffy duck." Zain taunted him while standing at the door.