Chapter 21

But Ayzel was the biggest stubborn of all. She has every power to quit this job. And the man who offered her last night, Chaudhry Shezad, was a big politician and businessman. She thought Zain could not do anything if she got hired by Chaudhry Shezad. She has only one dream and she was desperate for it.

She simply served them with a normal demeanor. But did not give coffee to Zain.

When breakfast was over she took permission from Asma Khala.

"Asma Khala I have a very important work and I have to visit the orphanage. Can I take an off today? I have prepared all things for lunch and dinner. You just have to heat them. Please can I go?" and with a puppy face it was impossible to refuse her. Though Asma won't refuse her. She has a right to take a leave. So Asma allowed her. She did not ask her what important work Ayzel had to do.

Due to her cautionary behavior, Ayzel did not take any driver from the mansion instead she hired a cab. She was so excited.

Soon she reached the desired address. She asked the receptionist about the boss's office.

"Are you sure, you are at the right place?" the receptionist was giving her suspicious looks.

"Yes, yes. Mr. Shezad met me yesterday. Look he gave me his card." She showed the card to the receptionist.

"Well, you don't look like that type." the receptionist commented with twitched lips.

"What type?" Ayzel felt odd about her tone.

Then the receptionist thought this was not her matter to interfere. So she directed her to Shezad's office.

"Welcome Ayzel. I didn't expect you to come." A weird smile came on his sinner face when Ayzel entered his office after getting permission.

"Lock the door," he said grinning. Ayzel got a bit confused by his words. Why did he need to lock the door? But she did it. Now she was sitting in front of him. " Sir, I am sorry for my lateness. And I also forgot my documents." In her rushing, she made that blunder.

"Don't worry Miss. I don't need them at all. For the job I need something else from you." he said sinfully placing his hand on her hand. She immediately flinched back. It was not right.

"Sir I can't understand.. " her throat went dry. The evil man stood from his chair and leaned closer to her. Ayzel leaned back from his proximity.  "Oh don't be so naive miss." he traced his finger on her face. Giving him a push, she abruptly stood up. And now standing at a distance from him. "What's wrong with you? What are you doing?" she cried out.

Then the man came forward in front of her and gripped her tightly by the shoulders. She was struggling.

"Ha, what do you think that with some cookery you would get hired here? Han? If you need a chance here then you have to pay a price. Now it's up to you how smooth you want it. Otherwise, I know how to do it by hook or crook." his intentions were dark. Ayzel struggled hard so then her sleeve got torn. She yelled for help. But that man's force was increasing. Soon Ayzel found the courage and pushed him hard. His head hit the table and started bleeding.

Ayzel ran to the door. Due to the trembling of her hands, it was becoming difficult for her to open the door.

"Come back you b****, I will teach you with whom you have afforded the feud." the man was yelling, holding his head.

Soon the door opened and she rushed outside.

"I won't spare you. I will kill you." his shouts were coming out. But Ayzel ran away, ignoring him.

She just ran.

"So another poor fish in crocodile's mouth." the receptionist said dejectedly to Ayzel's madly running figure.

The poor helpless girl was running frantically on the roads. Even though she fell on the road she did not stop. She just ran, ran, and ran. After coming to a very far distance she sat on the footpath. The roads were deserted at this hour.

She was crying hysterically and hugging her knees. No one was here to console her.
                        *************
Zain left late for the office today. Mukhtar was driving. He suddenly applied breaks. It shook Zain too.

"Mukhtar! What's wrong?" the lines on his forehead popped up. He did not like this behavior.
But Mukhtar was frozen.

"Sir, is this girl Ayzel Baji?" he pointed out with fear. Zain also looked outside. He saw a girl crying on the footpath.

He did not want to believe it at first. With hesitant steps, he got down. And moved to the girl with slow steps. The girl was sobbing, covering her face.

He crouched down to her level and placed a hand on her shoulder. She flinched back badly and moved back.

Indeed the girl was Ayzel.

"Ayzel it's me. It's okay." The situation was unfathomable for him. What was she doing here and in this condition?

But like a frightened kitten, she was moving back. Zain moved closer to her and relaxed her. She did not even have the strength to stand up. She was shielding herself with her arms. Her dupatta was gone. Zain covered her with his blazer. With his help and support, she sat in the car. Zain also sat with her. She was crying on his chest taking a shield from his torso. Her grip was tight on his shirt. He was rubbing her side. She was still crying.

"Sir, where to?" Mukhtar asked nervously. He was also feeling bad for her. They were still pondering what had happened to her.

"To the penthouse. " Zain told him. It was not a wise decision to take her to the mansion in this condition.

After reaching the penthouse he made her sit on the couch. She was still holding on to him. When he stood up to fetch water for her she cried

"Please don't go. Don't leave me." She was pulling his shirt. Her lips were quivering.

"Hey, hey. I am right here with you. I won't leave you. I am just bringing water. Okay? Just relax. Hmm?" he talked to her softly. After quenching her thirst, Zain asked her the reason behind her condition.

She told him everything and in the end, she broke down in his arms again.
"He..He..said..h..e.com..back for. me. .kkiill..me" she was hiccuping.

Zain hugged her. Only he knew how he was controlling his fury. His jaws were clenched. He wanted to release his outrage on her too. But her condition did not allow him.  He took her to the bedroom. After a struggle, she slept. He orders new clothes for her. The matter was secret between him and Mukhtar. He wanted to protect her respect.

After the evening he took her back. When they both came together, it surprised Aliya and Asma. But her tired face and swelled eyes were detectable. He told Ayzel to go to her room.

"Salam Dadi Jaan." he kissed her hands.

"Wa salam dadi ki jaan." She kissed his forehead.

"Zain, Ayzel came with you." It was Asma's question more than a statement.

"Yes, I asked her to teach some recipes to the office chef," he spoke a covered lie.

"Oh, that's what the important work she had,"  Asma said believing his words.

"Yeah, that's the important work she had," he said with clenched jaws and a forced smile. Then he went to his room.

Sleep was gone from his eyes. All he could see was red and thought it was blood. But he did not solve the mystery that on which thing he was angry about. Does not he have the same intentions for her? Does having her consent make him less of a beast? But why did her tears hurt him and jabbed his heart?

Or he is angry at that bastard who tried to take advantage of her squirrel.

But more critical for him was to send that ****** Shezad to hell. And sooner or later he will do that.

He promised it.

Phewwwww... A hard chapter for me to write. But many hard chapters are on the way.

Give your feedback.

Vote, share, and comment

Take care, readers ☺️