Chapter 16

Morning is bound to come after every night, but not every night or every morning is normal for every person.

Slowly Ayzel opened her eyes. Her mind was still foggy. She sat on the bed. As her eyesight fell on her sleeve, the bloody mark appeared. She attempted to scream, but her mouth was covered by a large hand. The person was silencing her.

"Ssshhh...Ssshhh Ayzel. Calm down. Please, please." It was Burhan.

"I am removing my hand. Promise you will not make a sound. Promise?" he asked Ayzel. She nodded blinking her eyes. Slowly he removed his hand. But a girl can never be silenced. As he removed his hand, Ayzel's speaking machinery started.

"Burhan. I saw. Last night. Blood, beaten guy. Zain, ..Osama..they..they gave me the drug." gibberish was coming out of her mouth.

Burhan sighed. He then explained the situation to her.

" Ayzel listen to me carefully. Please just don't panic." Then Burhan told her that the family had a mafia link. And their kind of work demanded sometimes these kinds of situations.

"We never hurt an innocent. Just knew it Ayzel. I know what you witnessed last night may change our impression in your mind. But that man was planning something vicious. So we had to take that step." Burhan tried hard. His expressions were a little off. Ayzel was in deep thought.

" But why did they put a tablet in my mouth? I thought they gave me poison." Azyel wiped her eyes.

"Oh, that. It was just a simple sleeping pill to make you relax. Otherwise, you would have spent a sleepless troublesome night." he said sheepily.

Ayzel just formed an O mouth shape.

"Ayzel please just don't hate us." There was a desperation in his voice. Then he left. Ayzel convinced herself that she is only here for two years. Their mafia business is their headache not her. She will just focus on her work. When she went to serve Zain, his morning coffee, he asked her.

"I am sure Burhan must have cleared your mind, Miss Chef. And if you try to make any issue of that thing I will first break Burhan's face and then yours." It was Burhan because of him she came there.

"Don't worry. My mouth is sealed. I saw nothing yesterday night." she replied meekly.

Zain nodded and ordered her to leave.

After doing her morning chores she went to the garden when she saw Osama.
And her feisty mind thought something. She boldly moved toward him.
"So the person calling me a killer comes out to be the biggest killer." She raised an eyebrow and folded her arms. And he just gave a stoic stone-cold facial expression.

"Now I will keep an eye on you. Your one mistake and I will put you under arrest. You know what my best friend is in the police. He is working against criminals like you." A meek girl was threatening the right-hand man of the most feared mafia in the country.

How ironic

Osama's head facial expressions did not lift an inch. Ayzel went inside after giving the flick to her hair.

It was midday when a maid dished out the meal. It was for Osama. A mischievous idea came into Ayzel's brain. "You gave me a slipping pill, huh? Now I will give you a mind-blowing meal." Then she added too much chili powder to the curry, escaping from the eye of a maid.
After a few minutes, the angry Osama came into the kitchen. He never liked the person who messed up with his food. "You did this na." he was hardly controlling his anger. The burn on his tongue was evident.

"What are you saying? You have lost your mind." Ayzel refused to acknowledge her crime. Asma Khala also came into the scene.

"Asma Khala! Look at the dare of this bodyguard. First, he called me a killer. And now is again accusing me of something I did not commit." she complained with a puppy look face.

"Osama!" Asma Khala slapped him. Ayzel gasped and put a hand on her mouth. But the letter she was smiling when Asma scolded him. Even on Asma's saying he said sorry to the Ayzel. Asma warned him, not to tease the girl next time. Ayzel was dancing with joy inside.

At night she was washing dishes with Najma. Somehow the discussion about Osama started.

"Oh, don't give attention to his scrutinizing gaze. He does this to every nonfamily member. He is nothing like her mother. What a sweet lady she is and look at him." Najma shook her head to the side.

"I wish he gets a wife like Warda," Ayzel said. And both girls laughed.

"Hahhaa why do you want to trouble Asma Khala's life?" Najma asked her while laughing.
"How will his wedding with Warda affect Asma Khala?" Ayzel asked her nonchalantly. Najma stopped in the middle of her work. She looked at Ayzel with big eyes. "Ayzel do not tell me that you don't know who is Osama's mother?" Najma asked her. Ayzel shrugged her shoulders. "Asma Khala is his mother." Najma squealed in worry. Now it was time for Ayzel to shock. She gulped hard with a sound.

Oh no! She complained about a son to his mother. And Asma also did not give her the impression that she was his mother.

With these thoughts, she went to her room. But her mode cheered upon seeing Sameer's messages. They both chatted. Ayzel was in a dilemma either telling Sameer or not what she saw yesterday. But she went with the latter. She did not tell him. Soon sleep took over her. And it was a time when a person visited her often at night. The door of her room opened and Zain entered. He played with a loose strand of her hair. It made her stir in sleep.

"You may not a murderer, but nowadays you are killing me. You are burning me without giving me chilies. You have set me on fire and only you will extinguish it." Saying this he softly kissed her cheek and left.

So my dear readers still won't comment.....crying eyes.

More interesting chapters are on the way. Stay tuned.

Vote, share, and comment.