Chapter 25

Conscience is a parameter to distinguish between Evil and good, dark and light. And not every heart or soul possesses it.

But to whom Allah blessed.

And Zain got blessed that night.

The holy month of Ramadan was spreading its wings. An atmosphere of sacredness was clouding everywhere.
The suhoor and iftar were made delicious by Ayzel.
They all noticed some positive changes in Zain, but no one commented. Even he took Burhan with him to prayers and Taraweeh.

"When will the moon appear?" Ayzel was waiting with Burhan excitedly on the rooftop, to witness the moon.

"Though all iftars were delicious, my stomach can't tolerate it anymore." pouted Burhan.

And they all laughed.

"MOON, MOON. Look." Suddenly Ayzel jumped excitedly. She turned back. Zain was there. "Chand to kab se yaha tha," he mumbled slowly only to be heard by Ayzel. (The moon was already here).

Soon the mosques announced Eid. They all said Eid Mubarak to all.
Lively events were arranged in the mansion.

Hannah's artists were called for all female servants. Zain was kneeling looking at Ayzel's hands when they were in the process of adorning Hannah.

"Wow, look at my sister's hands. The designs on her hands are the most pretty." Burhan said endearingly. She only giggled.

Then every employee got Eidi but not Azyel. She noticed it but did not say a word. Some employees left a few days ago as they have to celebrate in their home town.

The Eid morning came, and after the Eid prayer, they all sweetened their mouths with kheer.

"Wa, Aj tu Eid ka maza a agaya." Said Zikria while enjoying Kheer. (Wow, Eid is enjoyable today)

"Azyel bete come here," Zikria called her. Ayzel went to him. She was adorned in a very beautiful anarkali embellished frock. Was she enhancing the dress's beauty or dress is adding moons to her beauty? But this dress was selected by Zain, without her knowledge. He took Najma's help for this.

"Your eidi." Zikria forwarded an envelope.

"Uncle there is no need of it." she was hesitant.

"Ah, why not? You are a family member and it's your right. Take it." he scolded her a bit.

"Thank you, uncle." she felt his affection.

"And this is for me. Your eidi by your brother." Burhan gifted her too.

"Well, I will not refuse it ." she took it happily from him.

Warda couldn't enjoy with them as she was stuck in her modeling project. She celebrated Eid out of the country.

"Asma Khala what to make for dinner?" Azyel asked.

"Um, no cooking for today. It's Eid so we all are going to eat outside. You are coming with us too. And before you make any excuses, talk to Aliya Khanum she will put some sense in your mind." she told her smiling.

Late in the evening, they all went to a restaurant and enjoyed a lot. For the first time in her life, Ayzel tasted the enjoyment of a family.

And Zain was stealing glances from her.

"Just a few days more and then I have a complete right to see you all the time without any restriction. All the probations will vanish," he promised inside of his heart.

                 ****************

"Bhai, by the way, what happened to you? Did you get any viral infection?" Burhan asked in an enigmatic way.

"I am absolutely fine. Little brother" Zain replied while reading a file.

"Then you have encountered a monk or may have fallen in love?" Burhan teased him.

Now he got Zain's attention. Zain placed the file down. His lips morphed into a smile.

"And my cousin you have become smarter," he smirked.

"What bhai, seriously. Tell me!" Burhans's face twinkled.

"Is it okay if I make your sister, your sister-in-law?" Zain asked his opinion.

"My sister, my sister-in-law? Bhai what are you saying? My brain can't understand." Burhan was confused. He pressured his brain to think more, and when he realized the meaning of Zain's words. His eyes became big like saucer balls.

"Bhai...are you talking about Ayzel? You, you...love her? Do you want to marry her?" Burhan still could not believe it.

Zain nodded. Now Burhan's question was confirmed.

He stood up and on his cue, Zain stood up too. Burahn hugged him.

"Bhai I can't express my happiness." after ending the hug he again asked Zain. " Bhai did you talk to Ayzel? What was her expression? Clever girl, she did not tell me about it. Did she love you too?" he was excited like a child.

"Burhan, slow down. I did not talk to her yet. We still need time. Haste only makes waste. And promise me you also don't talk about it to anyone." Zain said to him seriously.

"Okay, big bro." he zipped his mouth. " I just got excited. Bhai promise me you will win her heart.  I just don't want her to go from here. With every passing second I was getting sad about the fact that soon her 2-year contract will expire and then she will leave us." he sighed at the end.

"Then stop thinking about it. She is not going anywhere." he squeezed his shoulder. But Burhan's next question gave a shiver in his heart.

"Bhai will you keep her happy?" There was a pure and genuine concern in his eyes for her sister.

"I will." Though Zain said these words,  in uncertainty.

Is he capable of keeping her happy? Would she be able to survive in his dark world?  Many questions were waiting for the answers. And the clue lies in the way of the journey, the journey of marriage he would start with her.

But little did he know his journey would become a victim of destruction before beginning.

At night, after many days Ayzel was talking to Sameer.

"Ayzel, By the way, where are you working exactly? How silly of me. I always forget to ask your workplace." he asked her.

Ayzel first giggled. "And I always forget to tell you. I am working at Skinder's Mansion." Then she told him the address.

"Ayzel, don't tell me you are talking about The Skinders. Whose heir is Zain Skinder? The country's richest and most powerful family?" she detected worry and concern in his voice.

"Yes, I am talking about them. Sameer what's wrong?" now she was worried too.

"Ayzel I do not want to scare you. But these people are not any good news. I have suspected some of their foul activities. And now we are doing a secret search operation. If I knew that you were going to work there, I would have never let you go there ." he scared her more.

"But Sameer they are very nice. Yes sir Zain gets scary sometimes. Tell me what should I do now?" she felt weak. Sooner or later she would cry.

" Ayzel relax and just act normal. Don't make them suspicious of you. If you notice anything immediately tell me. Once the crime investigation department gets any evidence against them, they are done." He sounded very serious.
She gulped.

"Ayzel by any chance have you ever noticed anything?"

The beating accident

"No." she lied to him.

"Ayzel if you notice anything or get any evidence just inform me. Or if you feel any danger just call me and I will get you. Hmm. Okay? Just take care of yourself."

After saying bye to each other, they cut the call. Ayzel peaceful sleep was replaced by a new set of worries.

And on the other side, Sameer was smirking. He was looking at the pictures of Skinder's family members.

"Today I have planted the first seed of your destruction, Zain Skinder."/he drew a red cross on Zain's picture.

Vote, share, and comment.