Chapter 24

Ayzel and Asma were watching TV when sudden news got their attention.

"Another tragic news, the owner of Chaudry's Industries, Ch. Shezad was found dead early in the morning. According to the reports Mr. Shezhad was heavily drunk which made him fall from the top roof of 30 30-story building that is under construction."

The remote fell from her hands. She trembled. Asma picked up the remote and shut the TV.

"Asma Khala...that man..he..alive..," her throat went dry.

"It's karma Ayzel beti. The one who does bad to others gets worse. He tried to take advantage of your weakness Now see, how Allah has thrown him." She comforted her. "Just vanish him from your mind like you have never met."

Ayzel only nodded and went to her room for a nap. Her mind was still pondering over the news. Why did that man's death seem unnatural?
It felt so surreal.

In the evening she talked with Sameer. They have been talking on messages since the day she came here. Then Sameer casually told him about today's accident and that he investigated it. Ayzel gulped while reading his text.

Ayzel: Sameer, was this man too much drunk?

Sameer: Yes the forensic said that. But the injuries he received from the fall proved fatal for him. His face was beyond recognition.

After telling him to take care, she busied herself with kitchen chores.

After she served dinner, Zikria told her to leave. "Azyel beta, you have done enough for today. Now you should take a rest," he told her with a smile.

She went to her room direction but hid behind a pillar to hear their conversation. She knew eavesdropping was not good. But her heart was saying they would talk about Shezad's death.

"An inside crow told me that the man was tortured very badly before he was pushed from the roof. Zain, are you behind this?" Azyel heard Zikria's voice. Her eyes were big like saucer balls. Cold sweat appeared on her forehead.

Zain paused for a moment. "Unfortunately Uncle, I am not behind this. Someone got him before I did. My bad and Shezad's good luck. The world would not find his burned ashes if I lay my hands on him." he said nonchalantly eating his dinner.

It was Burhan who was clenching and unclenching his jaws.

"And Azyel might be the first girl who escaped from but not the first girl on whom he laid his dirty hands. Maybe the brother or other family members of his victims taught him the lesson." these words said by him, focusing his glare on Burhan.

Then Aliya Khanum told them to end this discussion.

Ayzel relaxed on hearing his words. He was not behind this. murders because of her.

At night Zain paid a visit to his little cousin's brother.

"Next time you do such a thing, first learn to clean the traces. I have to pay a handsome amount to cover it," he told him.

Burhan looked at him with widened eyes. "Bhai how do you come to know?"

"I knew that you love your sister very much." he smiled.

Burhan smiled too.

After all Mafia blood runs in their veins and they know how to take revenge.

With each passing day, the coldness between Zain and Ayzel was decreasing. She was not afraid of him anymore. Even Aliya told her to call her Dadi Jaan.

For the first time, a stranger became their family.

But the hidden dark phenomenon was running secretly in Zain's heart. The polite attitude of Ayzel was giving her the wrong signs.

And her mind was too naive to understand his intention. Having an age gap of seven years she never thought she was crossing a limit drawn by deen.

It was one cold night when Zain was feeling the heat. He was wearing a white salwar and Kurta. He was uncalm like an addict longing for his drug. He needed her. And he made up his mind, to claim her today. She has to submit herself. She has to surrender. There was a turmoil of thoughts in his mind. He wanted to justify his action.

With the wild war of thoughts inside him he went to her. And opened the door without knocking.

But the scene unfolded in front of his eyes froze him.

Ayzel was adorned in white shalwar and kameez. A big white Chaddadr was wrapping her head and front. And she was looking like a pure angel. Beads of water shimmered like crystals on her face. She was holding a prayer mat.

She was about to offer Fajar prayer.

And Zain's heart was beating deeply.

For him, she was the ethereal purest thing he had ever seen standing on the surface of the earth.

She was looking at him in bafflement.

He took slow strides towards her. He raised his hand to palm her cheek. But stopped in mid way.

He was afraid that his mere touch would taint her. The darkness and blackness inside would rust her purity.

Allah u Akbar

Allah U Akbar

The Azaan voice echoed in the silence of half past night.

He took back steps.

"Sir, what happened? Do you need something?" her question made him look at her again.

And between lust and conscience, his conscience won. He ran from there. The voice of Azan was following him.

He shut his door loudly and his breathing was heavy.

What was he about to do? How could he taint her? Why did he even think like this? Did he actually want to do that?

"No, no, NO, Noooo" he screamed.

He was calmed the moment he got his answers. He won't taint her because he can't hurt her. And he can't hurt her because..... Because he loves her.

Yes, he found his answer. He would make her his. He will claim his right over her in the form of a sacred union.

He will be the protector of her dignity.

He will make her crown of his head.

She will be the queen of his heart.

She will have his name.

She will be "Mrs. Zain Skinder."

Now the inner tsunami in his heart was gone.

Vote and shower my work with your beautiful comments, dear readers.