Chapter 28

"Ayzel stop, where are going?" Asma's voice startled her.

"Asma Khala,  I'm taking Sir Zain's coffee. You know that."It was her daily task.

Give it to me, I will take it." Asma took the cup from me. Something was a bit off in Asma's mode. Ayzel found it strange. It was the first time Asma behaved like this.

Zain was eagerly waiting for her squirrel. His mornings are made bright by her and her coffee. The door was knocked on, and his face lit up.
But the smile was gone when it was Asma, not Ayzel.

"Asma khala, you?" he asked surprisingly.

"Don't you like me here or Were you expecting someone else?" she questioned back, placing the cup on the table.

"No, Asma Khala it's not like that. It was just unusual seeing you here." He replied.

"Or you used to Ayzel's appearance?" Asma was interrogating him.

He also observed a change in her tone. After talking about some random pieces of stuff, Asma Khala spoke some words.

"Zain, Don't give hope to a heart, later to burn it. How much the moon is bright, the outcomes of the thing done at night, are always dark."There was a gravity in her voice.

So, she saw them yesterday night. Now Zain understood the motive behind her today appearance.

"Asma Khala, the thing which you are referring to as burning fire, is going to brighten my heart and life. It is going to burn the darkness inside my life and heart," he told her.

Asma's voice widened. "It means that you and Ayzel?" she still was not sure.

"Ayzel is forbidden. She may not become my wife but the bride of this house." Osama's words now made a meaning.

" No doubt you have chosen the best one. But I don't think that she would be accepted here, Zain." Asma expressed her insecurity. She knew the family and its rules.

"The only woman who will have the honor of being my wife will be Ayzel. And no one," he said strongly.

"May Allah bless you both. But Zain please just do not break her innocent heart." she requested. And he affirmed by shaking his head.

He also told her not to say a word to anyone else. Even he still has to talk with Ayzel.

At the breakfast table, the atmosphere was pleasant, and then Warda spoiled it with her venomous taunt.

"Asma Khala, by chance have we hired another new maid in the house? Her eyes were on Burhan and Ayzel, who were sitting together at the table, enjoying the dinner.

"No, Warda dear. Why this sudden question?" Asma asked her curiously.

"Nothing special. I was just wondering If any new maid would come, our Burhan will make her his bride and place her in front of us. " She successfully hit their nerve.

"A maid would be better than a backstabber ." Burhan fired back. Things were going south. He salted a past wound. Warda went mad in anger. But before she could leash out, with a strong warning from Aliya they stopped.

Ayzel's appetite died due to this hateful exchange of words. She considered herself the villain.

Zain changed the topic. "Grandmother how was the event last night?" he asked about the wedding event attended last night by Aliya Khanum.

"Did the sun rise from the west today? How my this grandson end up asking about the wedding?"It was a rare time when Aliya teased. Burhan laughed. Zain pouted.

"Well, it was fine. The bride was looking very pretty, MashaAllah. I was jealous of Mrs. Hashmi for a moment. Luckily she got a gem of a bride." Aliya Khanum said with fake sadness.

"Show me the picture!" Zain demanded. And it was the Second blow by him to them. Aliya was dumbstruck however she showed him the picture.
Zain Analyzed the picture critically.

"Nah, you are more lucky than her.
Dadi Jaan, it's time to take back our salamis. Let's begin the wedding preparations." He told her with a big smile.

"What! Son, what are you saying? You are ready for the wedding. Ya Allah, what I am hearing? Zain, my son. Tell me what kind of bride you want." Aliya could not control her excitement. Both girls were astonished too. But Asma was quiet. She was fearing other reactions.

"Dadi, Dadi. Calm down. I am only saying yes because I have already chosen my partner and bride of this home. I will introduce her to you soon." He squeezed her hand softly, and Aliya's excitement died into sadness.

"But Son, who is the girl? You did not even discuss it with me. I don't know whom have you chosen. It's a matter of life and family."She was concerned for him.

"I promise, you won't be disappointed. You knew her. And you would be proud of us. I won't put your happiness at stake for my happiness."Zain relaxed her.

"I am sure that you would have found a rare gem. I am sure of my brother's choice. He never comprised less than perfect. But I am at the same time curious too,  Who is the lucky girl to be the wife of Zain Skinder?" Warda said proudly.

"Well, my sister, your first fact is right. But the second is wrong. I am lucky to be her husband. You will meet her in a few days."By saying this he dismissed and went away. Leaving others behind wondering except Burhan and Asma.

At night Ayzel brought milk for Zain. He was standing on the balcony. With a teasing smile, she went closer to him. "So, which girl is fooled by your charms?" she teased him.

"She charmed me" he replied.

"Did she know about your hidden secret fighting dark skills?" she inquired him seriously.

Zain chuckled. " Yes, she knew very well. By the way, why are you so interested?"

"I am happy now you will not tease me and leave my life. And let me tell you, now you are going to be a husband so you should be loyal to her. Take care of her needs." she instructed her like a teacher. Zain got amused.

She was analyzing his room. "You will change the room too, according to her taste. Right?" she persuaded her lips.

"What kind of changes do you want? You are a girl too! Tell me" he asked her opinion.

"Umm, me. My mind only roams about the kitchen designs." She said sheepishly, scratching her head. Zain laughed and she smiled along with him. When she left, Zain muttered. " I just hope you won't place knives in our room."

Ayzel checked her phone. There were missed calls from Sameer on her number. She tried to call back but it went unanswered. Then she played his voice message.

"Ayzel listen to me, carefully. I am going on a mission. However, our research team has found some evidence against Zain Skinder. He is involved in a murder. Please just be careful. When I come back, I will take you from here. Until then, take care. Allah Hafiz."

The voice message ended and the mobile fell from her hands.

Please follow me, guys, for future thrilling updates. ;) Your support matters a lot.