Chapter 27

"Jazak Allah, Ayzel beti." Aliya Khanum gave her a blessing. She was serving evening tea.
Ayzel reciprocated with a polite smile.

"MashaAllah she is a very sweet child. Though she grew up in an orphanage, her manners and etiquette tell that the blood of a Nobel family runs in her blood. She seems to be family-oriented. Poor girl, Allah knows for what reason she landed in the orphanage." Aliya praised Ayzel in her absence.

Asma also agreed with her.

"Asma, I was thinking one thing. What do you think about Ayzel for your Osama?" Aliya Khanum represented Ayzel's proposal to Asma.

And Burhan there forgot to breathe.

"Khanum I don't lie. The same thought came into my mind too. And I even discussed it with Osama too." She sighed lost in some thoughts.

Flashback

A Few days ago, Osama was lying his head on her mother's lap. She was creasing his hair softly. "Osma beta, what do you think about marriage? You are stable now and of proper age. I want to hold my grandkids now." she softly spoke.

"And let me guess my mother has seen a girl for me," he said with closed eyes.

She chuckled. "Yes. It's true. What do you think about Ayzel?"

Osama's eyes shoot open. He abruptly stood up, surprising her mother.

"Ami, forget about it now. How did this thought even occur in your mind?"

"But beta what's wrong with it? Ayzel is a very nice girl. I know at the start you both did not get along. But do not let it affect your future. Being your wife, she will have a chance to stay here forever. I am worried about where would she go after the job. " She tried to reason with him.

"Ami, Ayzel might become the bride of this house but not my wife. She is forbidden for anyone now. End this matter right now. You have never discussed it with me. And none of the words spoken here will go out." he firmly told her. Asma was dumbfounded at his behavior.

Flashback ends

"Then what did he say?"Aliya pried.

" huh? He said he is not ready yet. " Aliya broke Asma's trance.

"Asma Khala if he had even said yes, I would reject him.  Don't mind, he is your son. But My sister deserves the best. I will find a groom for my sister." Burhan proudly said puffing. But inside he relaxed upon hearing Asma's answer.

"You mean a Joker-like you. " Zikria said to his son while shaking his head.

"Abu (dad)" he pouted.

And all elders laughed.

"Asma I must advise you to keep your son away from his boss. It must be Zain's influence. He does not want to marry and does not let others marry too. At least you would have the happiness of being a grandmother. And believe me, being a grandmother is more exciting and joyful than being a mother." Aliya sighed with a weak smile. She remembered the past days.

"And don't know if would I live long to see my great-grandchild or not." She sighed sadly.

"InshAllah mother, InshaAllah. And Asma,  don't you worry too. It's all about Naseeb (fate). With whom and when, Allah has written, the marriage would happen." zikria told them.

"But I am sure of one thing, in which home Ayzel would go, it will brighten with happiness. They must be lucky to have her." Zikria expressed his thoughts.

"Meri Piyari dadi Jaan, kya pata is house  main shadi ki ghantiya bajne wali hu!" Burhan told them mysteriously.

(my pretty grandmother who knows wedding bells are about to ring in this house).

Nobody took his words seriously.

                     ***************

"Bhai, Bhai " worried Burhan rushed to Zain's room. Zain was enjoying his sleep.

"Burhan shut up..let me sleep." Zain groaned in his pillow.

"Okay, sleep. When someone else will make Ayzel your sister-in-law then do not complain." Burhan folded his hands on his chest.

"What?" Zain said loudly. Now his sleep was gone.

Then Burhan told him all the chitchat happened in the evening.

After listening to him, Zain relaxed. "Osama knew about it," he said gulping water. "And now get out. Let me sleep."

"I thought I would get some reward for spying," he said dejectedly and with slumped shoulders, he left.

Days passed to this event.

It was afternoon when Asam reminded Aliya that she had to attend a wedding that night.

"I'm just tired of attending others' weddings and giving them salami(gift). I don't know when our time come. Tell me Zain how much or what should I give them? " she was in slight anger. And it was directed to Zain.

"Just give them what they can return easily. " Zain said casually.

"And when this returning day will come, after my funeral?"She scrunched her nose.

"God forbid Dadi jaan. " he reprimanded. "Just have faith, your grandson will fulfill your all wishes," he said holding her hands.

"Son, this house needs a lady. Asma is getting old too. And I am living on a bonus, which would expire any time.
Warda will be of her home, in one or two years. I have responsibility for both of you. Making such decisions without parents is very difficult. For years I have longed for my elder son. I wish to see him in your child." Her voice teared up.

Zain rubbed her hands. " And all these years you have loved us beyond our imaginations. And now it's our turn to place happiness on your feet," he said softly. "And I promise soon this time come."

Aliya only nodded.

At night Ayzel was swinging under the bright moonlight. And Zain came there too. She looked at him swinging and only smiled.

"Azyel, have you touched the sky or breath near it?"

"What are saying? Has it ever happened?" she laughed.

Zain was standing at her back now. He paused her swinging by gripping the ropes of the swing.

"Let it happen today.  Ready?" he asked her. She was excited too. She nodded and then Zain swung her to new heights. The sound of her sweet laughter, due to tickling, resonated.

The swing went higher and higher. Now she was telling him to stop and he stopped it. She was breathing hard. And the music of her breath was reaching his ears.

"So did you touch the sky?" he asked with an amused face in his husky voice. "Yes," she meekly whispered. The smile was dancing on her lips too.

But in the shadow of night, someone witnessed them. And their proximity rings the bell of danger in the ears of that person.

So how was it? Does following me hurt you, my dear readers? 😭

Do check my other books too.