Chapter Thirty-One - Away With Him

Rhett couldn't control the excitement in his heart as he mounted Thunderbolt and rode off to see his only love. He found her busy cleaning her room when he went inside, oblivious to everything that had happened in his life.

"What will you give me if I give you the best news, ever?" he asked, plopping onto her bed and watching her clean her closet.

"Anything," Adelaide smiled, and Rhett's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Sera and I broke off our engagement. The man she loves came back and took her and Zion back with him to Las Vegas. So that means I'm free to be with you."

"Wow, that's fantastic news, Rhett," said Adelaide, but he pulled her closer before she could speak any further.

Adelaide lost her balance and tumbled all over him. With her face inches away from his, she gazed into his eyes and drowned in their blue depths. Overwhelmed by the deep emotions coursing through him, Rhett lowered his head to claim her lips in a lingering, yet hungry, kiss. Adelaide surrendered, eagerly opening her mouth to deepen the kiss to a new level altogether. Now that they were free to be with each other, they kissed one another heatedly, whole-heartedly, giving in to their heartfelt desires.

Rhett's mouth left hers and went to her neck. She trembled with need at every lick, swipe and bite of his tongue on her neck.

"Rhett." She moaned his name, her fingers tugging at his hair, which earned a groan from him too. When his mouth left her, both were breathing heavily, needing more of each other.

"Come away with me, Adel? I want to spend a few days with you. Let's go somewhere, far away from here." Adelaide nodded, wanting to be with him more than anything in the world. They had so much to catch up on that these momentary meetings weren't adequate to show how much they loved one another.

"Be ready in an hour. Carry an overnight bag. I'll come to pick you up," he said, kissing her forehead and leaving. Adelaide informed her granny and started packing for her trip excitedly. She was ready and waiting for Rhett when he arrived in his truck to pick her up. She climbed onto the driver's seat and he drove on with a smile playing on his lips.

"So, where are we going?" she asked curiously.

"A friend of mine has a house near Great Falls with the Gallatin River gurgling down its backyard. It's a perfect place for us to spend a few days in," said Rhett, with a radiant smile that lighted up his eyes, making them sparkle. It took her breath away, and she gazed at the gorgeous cowboy who meant everything to her. He was her life, her love, her today and tomorrow. He was her home.

"Sounds wonderful," said Adelaide, her heartbeats increasing at an alarming rate. This would be the first time that she would stay alone with Rhett.

"Great Falls has a lot of attractions ranging from a series of five waterfalls close together along the upper Missouri River basin, to parks, dams and much more."

"Sounds interesting." She had a doubt whether they could get out of the bedroom to look around much. Adelaide loved the beautiful countryside as they drove towards their destination. Although she had travelled through this route on her way home from the airport but it felt different with Rhett. There was an underlying excitement inside their hearts as they looked forward to spending time with one another.

They reached the National Forest area after driving for two hours along the national highway. Turning onto the Gallatin Road, Rhett drove them towards a sprawling wooden house with a cozy, covered front porch. With the river gushing alongside them, Adelaide was stunned by the beauty of the place. It seemed as if they were in a world of their own, with no one around as far as they could see.