Chapter Thirty-Six - Finally Wedded

With the backdrop of the greenhouse and garden, the wedding arch set up on Wild Creek Ranch, right next to the creek, took Adelaide's breath away. The decorations turned out more beautiful than she had envisaged, with coral flowy fabric tied at one side of the arch and the other side decorated with beautiful white carnations and roses, accentuated with splashes of coral peonies and ferns. The white aisle runner, the white chairs all created a beautiful contrast amidst the green backdrop. Using the same floral combinations as her bridal bouquet, coral pew bows were tied at the ends, giving the whole place a matching and coordinated look.

"Wow, I wish this was my wedding!" exclaimed Rihanna while granny Emma chuckled.

"First, find yourself a prince, dear. Who will you marry?"

Ember walked quietly, her long hair blowing in the breeze, exposing her creamy shoulders that glowed under the sun's rays. The moment she came out of the house, she could feel herself being watched by a pair of piercing eyes that caused a strange fluttering in her stomach. She didn't need to look up to know where Rex was since she could sense him, even with her eyes closed. Ember had been avoiding him since the moment she first met him, but she saw him right near her house twice already. Maybe he had come over to the marketplace, she wasn't sure, but he was staring at her window. That wasn't a coincidence, for sure.

Renée sighed, wishing that it was her wedding instead. Lost in own thoughts, she didn't notice a pair of eyes watching her from near the altar. After going crazy the last few days for just a look at her, Sawyer finally could see her today. She looked curvier, more feminine, and more alluring than ever. He just couldn't stay away anymore from her and had to do something now.

Adelaide admired everything about the place that was magical and romantic, just like she had dreamed her wedding to be. The handsome groomsmen stood near the aisle, waiting for her. River and her brothers couldn't arrive as a last-minute emergency cropped up in Las Vegas.

Rhett's parents came forward to guide her to the aisle.

"Are you sure you can do it, aunt Emma?" asked Rhett's dad.

"Yes, Keith. I'm not that old, am I?" smiled granny Emma.

"Not at all. Who said you're old?" he asked with a grin. The marriage officiant arrived, and the procession was about to start. Rhett waited to start the procession with Rex, his best man. Adelaide saw he had pinned a coral peony and fern boutonnière like the other groomsmen. He turned and winked at Adelaide, as if sensing her staring at him. The bridesmaids, Rihanna and Raine, giggled, nudging Adelaide, who blushed crimson and looked around to see if anyone else had witnessed that.

Rihanna handed her the bridal bouquet made of white peonies, coral garden sunset roses, coral tulips interspersed with ferns and eucalyptus. The wedding procession started and finally, it was Adelaide's turn. She held onto granny's arm and walked slowly down the aisle. Rhett came forward to take her hand and Granny Emma placed Adelaide's hand into his.

"Take care of my precious girl, Rhett," she said, with tears in her eyes.

"I will, granny," he promised and Ryder led granny Emma to her seat. The wedding ceremony began. It was a very touching moment of their lives.

"Thank you all for attending today as we join the hands of Rhett and Adelaide in a perfect union. There is nothing greater in this world than finding the people with whom we feel safe and compatible. So, it's a blessing when you really find such a person in your entire lifetime. Our search ends when we find the person who loves us so unconditionally we simply can't do anything but believe it. Rhett and Adelaide have found that in each other. As they go forth into the next great chapter of life, they do so with confidence, knowing that their search has come to a fruitful end," started the officiant.

The readings that they had selected were so touching that the eyes of many in the audience glistened with tears. Other ceremonies followed. The vows were the most touching part where they both poured out their hearts and exchanged honest and heart touching vows with each other. It was finally time for the ring exchange ceremony.

"We know that for long, the ring has been a symbol of the unbroken circle of love. Love gives you the power and freedom to fulfil each of the vows that you have taken today. May these rings always remind you of the commitments you make here today," said the officiant. The ring exchange followed immediately afterwards.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife," said the officiant as everyone watched with excitement. "You may now kiss the Bride!" announced the officiant and everyone applauded.

Rhett dipped her for a passionate kiss, smiling more into the kiss as his cousins clicked pictures from various angles. Adelaide kissed him back, too. Rex smirked when he felt Ember's eyes upon him. He looked straight into her eyes, holding her gaze, daring her to look away. She didn't, couldn't. She stood hypnotised by his deep amber eyes boring into her green ones and time stood still for them.

At last, the kiss was over. "Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to present to you the newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Wilson!" announced the officiant as everyone cheered and congratulated them. The recessional followed as they all walked back down the aisle. The whole family started getting ready for the photography session.

Rhett pulled Adelaide flush against him. "Get ready to be devoured every day and night from today onwards," he promised in a low voice while a shiver went down Adelaide's body.

"Shh, everyone will hear you," she said, looking around at all the madness around. Everyone was going crazy for a photograph against the beautiful backdrop and upload the pictures on their timeline or profile picture.

"See? They're all busy with themselves. Give me a quick kiss," he asked her, pulling her arm around his neck.

"Not now, please. All the grannies are grinning at us," pleaded Adelaide.

"Let them. You're now legally mine, Mrs. Wilson. They should get used to this now," he said, crashing his mouth to hers in a delicious kiss.

"One more Adelaide to last him longer," yelled Rihanna. They broke the kiss and walked down to get their photographs clicked, too.

"I've been wanting to say that you are the most beautiful bride I've ever seen. I'm so lucky that you're mine," he said, and Adelaide smiled.

"Thank you. Even you're looking extremely hot in that tuxedo," she whispered, and Rhett quirked his eyebrows at her choice of an adjective.

"Really? Now you have aroused me," complained Rhett, and Adelaide giggled. They reached the beautiful floral wall backdrop for their photographs.

"Are you going anywhere for your honeymoon?" asked Ember afterwards.

"No, I didn't get leave. Maybe later," she shrugged. Renner was mean and stringent and reminded her of the leave that she had taken a month back. So, Rhett cancelled their plans for going to San Francisco for their honeymoon. They would take it slow and plan something later.

The reception party would start in an hour, so everyone went to freshen up. Adelaide went to their room to change out of her bridal gown into something more comfortable. It was a beautiful satin emerald green gown with an embellished off-shoulder neckline and a sleek a-line silhouette. She matched it with granny Emma's emerald pearl-drop earrings and matching bracelets. Tying her hair in a casual and romantic updo, with loose tendrils flying about to soften her look, she was ready to join the reception party.

She could hear Ember in the next room, talking to Rihanna as she made her way towards the reception party venue. Granny Stacey pulled her into a hug and congratulated her. "Did you see Ember, dear?" she asked with worry.

"Yes, she's talking to Rihanna inside the house," she informed granny. After talking to her for a while, she turned to look for Rhett when she saw Rihanna enjoying a drink with Ryder. Her eyes widened. Then who was Ember with if Rihanna was here?

Rhett came out of nowhere and pulled her along with him to a corner. "What?" she asked with surprise.

"I've packed our suitcases for a day trip to Helena. We'll leave tonight after the reception party is over and return tomorrow night," he informed her. Adelaide smiled excitedly. Who said life after marriage was boring? Hers was more exciting than ever before.

"Thank you, thank you," she said, kissing his cheek, but he turned and the kiss landed straight on his lips instead.