Chapter 6 {EDITED}

My beloved wife, Vanessa, and I, Leonardo, were seated at my study, looking at the recent engagement offers directed to both of our children, Kian and Willow Von Everett.

The two of them were very popular in nobility, with both of them lauded as prodigies. Adding to their high status and popularity, it can't be helped that there would be many invitations and engagement offers asking for their hand.

While skimming through a random letter, loud thuds could be heard from the floor above.

"Vanessa.... do you hear that?" I asked, a bit concerned from the noise.

"Hear what, Leo?" She replied, unsure of what I was talking about.

"There's some thuds coming from above." I explained while facing the ceiling of the room. What's happening...?

"Now that I think about it, I can hear some faint sounds too—"

Suddenly, loud and continuous knocks came from the door.

"What's with the ruckus so late in the evening?" Vanessa asked, her voice more annoyed at being cut off than anything.

"My duke and duchess, there's an emergency!!" The voice said frantically, and we both went wide-eyed. He added,

"The window of the young miss's room is broken!! There are also loud screams and bangs coming from the room as well!!!"

"What?!!" Vanessa and I cried out at the same time. We both ran out of the study, the door slamming open loudly. The man that spoke was surprised as he flinched.

"What are the guards doing right now?!" I questioned, my voice giving away my anger and worry. Those stupid guards!!

"They're on their way to the young miss's room, my duke! I was tasked to inform you of the news by Commander Ruderick!" The knight explained, and my wife's face grew more grim by the second.

"What are you waiting for, then? Lead us straight to her!!" She cried out, shocking both the man and me. The knight fumbled his words as he nodded eagerly.

"Yes, my duchess!"

~~~~~

I, Willow Von Everett, stared at the two figures dressed in all black in front of me. They both stared back at me, as if trying to read my moves.

....What the hell?! There wasn't any mention of this in the game!!

"Aww, look at the girl! She's so scared she looks like she's about to piss herself!" Saying that, the man cackled loudly. I was so confused about the entire ordeal, that I completely ignored the man's blabbering.

Was this originally part of the game? Did the plot change because of me?! If this really was part of the game, why was it never mentioned....?

"Shut it, Theodore. It seems like she's in a trance." The woman muttered, glaring at the man.

"Don't worry, Eleanor. She's probably already accepted her fate." The man said confidently as he strided in arrogance.

"See?" He added, as if having proven his point. As he said that, he threw the dagger he'd taken out before at me.

"....!"

I flinched hearing the sound of a weapon thrown. As if on instinct, I caught it with my right hand just before it hit my head.

"W-what?!"

"Damn it!!"

Both the man and woman looked at me wide-eyed, mouths agape.