Chapter 32

"Willow, I know you're a bit young, but do you have anyone you are interested in romantically?" My mother, Vanessa Von Everett, asked me with a worried look on her face.

I was so surprised by her sudden question, that I only stared at her blankly for a while before regaining my senses.

"No... not as of now. Why do you ask, mother?"

"Well, I believe it's about time you get engaged. I'm sure you've been taught of this, but it is normal to be engaged by the age of ten. However, we've never gotten the chance to talk to you about this, because of... certain events." She explained, and I knew exactly what she was talking about.

It had been a year since my affinity check, and I've already turned eleven. It's been one hectic life, to say the least.

"I swear... I only want a peaceful life." What was so hard about that, I wonder. I could only sigh deeply. Just what happened in my life that made it turn out like this?

"I'm sorry, Willow. As much as I wouldn't like to rush you, it would do no good to be engaged later than fifteen." She said.

"Augh..." I groaned as I massaged my temple. I should've expected this sooner. It was no doubt that as the daughter of a grand duke, such topics were to be discussed.

Seriously, I don't want to be engaged, especially to Prince Lukas. If I were engaged to that sadistic man, it'll make my life that the more difficult.

In the game, Prince Lukas had a large number of engagement offers. Though, he chose to get engaged with Willow for two reasons.

Firstly, the Everetts were second in influence to the royal family, which could prove well if the two families had a connection through marriage.

For the second reason.... Prince Lukas just didn't want to get any engagement offers. He was not only handsome, he was intelligent and athletic as well, adding to his status as royal prince. It was no wonder why he had so many engagement offers.

With those thoughts in mind, Prince Lukas and Willow were put in a political engagement. Prince Lukas had no ounce of romantic feelings for Willow, however, he still tended to her clinginess.

Willow would be used as protection against other engagement offers. Though despite his efforts, he still had a few letters in hand regarding this. Haah, princely problems. I cannot relate whatsoever.

"Mother, I'll agree on this, but on one condition." Saying that, she had a curious look on her face.

"And what may that condition be?"

"Prince Lukas is not to be engaged with me." I stated, and she looked at me in surprise.

"I... I'll accept that, Willow. Though, are you sure about this?" She asked me with a vexed expression.

"I'm sure, mother." I replied with conviction, which only furthered her doubt in regards to my request.

"From what I've seen, you seem to get along well with Prince Lukas... but I won't pry any further. I'll schedule the meetings for you now." She said, and I nodded in response.

"Yes, mother. I'd do well to be off now. Take care!" I waved as I left. With that, it was decided that I find an engagement partner.