Chapter 20 {EDITED}

Two days after the matchmaking party, nothing strange of the sort happened. As I'd expected, my plan worked wonders!

Gaining the goodwill of the fourth capture target through his sister was my backup plan, if ever the first impression went south. And, thanks to the two boys, went perfectly horrible.

I figured out an incident would happen at the matchmaking party. Otherwise, why was there any information about it in the first place?

Through context clues, I also deduced that the event would revolve around the fourth capture target's sister, which explained the reason that his sister was mentioned.

"...And then, the sword flew off from his hand!" Kian, eagerly recalling a spar from a few days ago, gestured with his hands albeit strangely.

He was in my room, talking with me as we sat on the sofa. Even when I couldn't understand whatever he was talking about, partially because I wasn't listening, I merely nodded in response, "That was... interesting."

"Yes, I know that... but sister, the necklace--"

Before he could finish his words, a knock sounded from the door.

"Good morning, miss Willow. May I enter?"

"Ah, good morning Anna. You may." As I said that, a familiar maid entered the room, and I asked her, "Have you returned from your leave?"

"Yes, I have."

"That's good." I spoke when I heard her answer, "Could you set up the guest lounge? Some people will be coming later."

My brother, clearly surprised, looked at me with widened eyes, "What? Sister, who are--"

"May I enter, your graces?" A voice came from the other side of the door.

Hearing this, I consented to his words, "Of course, come in."

Shortly after, a butler entered the room. He turned to us with a stoic face as he spoke.

"Your graces, I'm here to inform you that the son and daughter of chancellor Alpin have arrived."

"Well, you heard him. I suppose that answers your question." I looked at Kian who now had a surprised expression on his face, "Let's go now, brother."

They arrived a bit sooner than expected, but it's alright.

*****

"I'm Elliot Alpin, son of the chancellor. I apologize for arriving uninvited along with my sister." The dashing fourth capture target curstied, and I bowed in response.

"Ah, no worries. I am Willow Von Everett, daughter of the grand duke. Thank you for coming." I greeted them, slightly lowering my head.

"H-hello... I'm Eliza Alpin. It's nice to see you again, miss Willow...." Miss Eliza muttered, stuttering while saying so.

I then turned to Kian and lightly nudged him on the arm, telling them to greet our guests. After a harsh glare and a bruise on his arm, he gladly complied.

"....Good morning, master Elliot and miss Eliza. I am Kian Von Everett, the elder brother of Miss Willow. It is an honour to have you here." My brother introduced himself, rather reluctantly to add.