Chapter 25

"Yes, it's your one and only Ren! Did you miss me?" They looked at me, anticipating a positive answer.

"I'm.... not so sure myself." They sighed deeply in response to my answer.

"Well, I see you've added a new piece of jewelry to your collection. You certainly look more like her now." They muttered under their breath. I couldn't hear it properly.

"Anyway, why didn't you contact me after making me live in this crappy otome game? Are you just gonna leave me behind here? I'd atleast appreciate a word or two from you." I asked.

"You can contact me anytime. Didn't I tell you that?" I looked at them suspiciously. Wait...

"Don't tell me....!"

-----------------------------

"Are you even listening?"

"Yeah, yeah. Continue on." I muttered. Well, I suppose it was my agreement to their wishes.

----------------------------

"You weren't listening that time, were you?" They looked at me, seemingly having grasped what happened.

"Haah... I look ridiculous right now. I'm sorry, Ren."

"It's fine! I put my standards of L̶̡̧͚̙̝̏͜ỉ̸̼̩͌̾̐̀͛̂͑̌̔̋̕ͅl̷̛̹̲̻͍̝͖̮̫̞͉̳̦͙̄̋̏̏̎̓̋͌̚̚͠î̸͚̪̟͈̘̝̰̖̜͐͋̋̀̄̃͜͝͝t̵̪̤̠̽̔́̀͋̐͛̕̚̚̚h̷̡̧̧̰̠̣͍̝͎͍͇́̄̄̆̓̈́̈̓̅̚͝  onto you anyway. I shouldn't pressure you with what she accomplished." They gestured with their hand.

There it is. That same name I keep on hearing over and over again. Who is this person? Why does Ren constantly mention her? Why is it encrypted?

Lilith... and that abnormal barrier blocking me from hearing that name. Ah...!

"Are you talking about Lilith?!" They flinched at my sudden outburst. I finally connected the dots. Although, figuring it out after eight years seems a bit late.

"Glad you found out on your own. I expected it to take a few more years, at least." I scoffed upon hearing those words. Were they insulting me? Because they sure are doing a good job at it.

"No, no. I don't mean it like that! I'm sorry..." They whispered while bowing their head. A diving being...? Apologizing to me?

"Now that's something to marvel at." I unconsciously murmured. It was an... interesting feeling, really. A truly strange one at that. I laughed at my own thoughts.

"It's alright, there's no need to worry." I gave them a faint smile, to try and relieve them of their concerns. It seemed to work, as they immediately lit up after that.

"Though, who is Lilith exactly?" I looked at them in thought.

"It's.... not time for you to learn about it yet." I let out an exasperated sigh. Well, I wish my life here in this otome game will be easy enough. I'll appreciate being overpowered, just slightly.

"Ahem. Well, now that I'm here, let's measure your stats!" I looked at them in shock. There was such a thing as that? Well, it could be good for me. I can determine my capabilities and limits with this.