Chapter 21

On the way to the Royal Castle, I felt especially nervous. Why would the king himself ask for my presence...? I can't think of any proper reason-

Oh... the magic incident. Of course.

"Willow, do you want some sweets?" Michael asked.

"Ah, sure." I reply. Michael and Kian will be accompanying me today. He took out a box filled with sweets as he gave a cookie to me. I happily munched on it as Michael and Kian had another debate.

"My, Sir Michael. To do something so audacious in front of her beloved older brother, you are very bold." My brother remarked while glaring at Michael. Sigh... not this again.

"Oh, you consider that to be inappropriate? I am only comforting her, just like how a lover should." Michael retaliated. Like a lover...? Does he have someone on his mind?

"I'm sometimes thankful you're dumb, little sis....." Kian murmured. What?!

"I heard that, Kian!! I am not stupid!" I exclaim. Him... calling me benighted? How ironic.

"Master Kian, that is quite rude. Well, have you even done anything to comfort your amazing and beautiful sister?" Michael asked. Amazing- and, beautiful?

"You are her dearest older brother, are you not?" He continued.

"Michael, do you really think of me that way?" I asked. Hearing my question, his face seemed to heat up.

"Well, I- um... y-yeah....." He whispered while stuttering. It was almost inaudible. Well, he's such a good friend if he thinks of me that way.

"You win this time, Michael." My older brother sighed disappointedly. Win in what, exactly? Huh... a strange interaction, indeed. Before I knew it, we were already in front of the Royal Castle.

"I don't know why, but I'm feeling jittery..." I mumbled out without thinking. I guess I got the cold feet.

"Don't worry, little sis. We're here with you." Kian assured me, and Michael nodded in agreement. With that, we were on our way to the King's office.

*knock knock*

"You may enter." A commanding voice came from the room as we opened the door. We saw the king and queen. As expected, their aura exuded nothing but elegance and power. After all, they are at the top of the kingdom.

I knew that my parents would be here, but I didn't think that I would see other familiar faces. The chancellor, his son, the marshal, and the three princes are all here. Now that I think about it, I've never formally met the first prince yet.

"We greet your royal majesties. I am Kian Von Everett, it is a pleasure to be in your audience." My older brother lowered his head and began the curtsies. Michael and I followed with our own as well.

"Take a seat." The king said. Ah, the suspense is killing me! Is this an action movie? I doubt I'm supposed to feel this nervous inside an otome game world...

"I assume that most of you all are aware of the reason you have been called here, yes?" The king asked as most of us nodded in response.

"That's good. Today, we have a few matters to discuss. I'll get straight to the point." He said.

"Willow Von Everett. Do you know of your current situation?" Ah, is he testing my competence? I suppose I can try to prove my worth.