Chapter 25 {UNEDITED}

That's impossible. I'm only 8 years old. I'm supposed to have magic two years from now!-

"T-thank you..." A weak voice came from behind. I swiftly turned around, and saw it was the child from earlier.

"It's alright. What's your name?" I asked, a bit of curiosity laced in my voice. I wondered why they never called the kid by his name.

"It's Oliver.." He replied. Oliver... that name sounds familiar. I swear, I remember that name from somewhere. Deja vu perhaps...?

"Oliver, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Willow Von Everett, the Grand Duke's daughter." I introduce myself as his expression morphed into shock. Well, I suppose it is a surprise to see the daughter of a powerful figure in the kingdom at an alleyway.

"Willow! Are you okay?!" A high-pitched voice came from the streets. It was Dia, frantically running to me, with Liz and our entourage following suit. Dia wrapped her arms around my body, trembling a little from concern.

"I'm fine, Dia. Don't worry yourself much." I assured her, patting her in the back as she hugged me.

"I'm sorry for running away...." I continued, purposely not stating the reason I left. It'd do no good for me if many people know about that hooded figure from before...

Just then, Michael and Kian arrived as well, seeing the commotion and familiar figures. That was faster than I'd anticipated.

"Willow, what are you doing here?" Kian asked, his eyes glancing everywhere, examining the situation.

"Kian? Michael? I should be asking you that." I said, putting my arms on my waist as I raised my eyebrows. Kian only sighed then glanced at Michael, motioning with his eyes to explain.

"We went to buy a g-gift, for....." Michael whispered as he trailed off. Don't tell me.... it's for Dia?! I always thought that Michael had interest in her, considering his reaction when I said I invited her. That assumption was true?!

"It's not for Dia, little sister. You should've known more than anyone who it's for by now..." Kian muttered then sighed. I was slightly dejected having to cross out the thought of Dia and Michael in my mind, but it was probably for the best.

"Who is this one, Willow?" Liz glanced at the kid. Ah.... This'll be fun to explain.

----------------

"...so the boys ran away, leaving this little one here. His name is Oliver." I sum up everything that happened.

"Wait, little sister. You said that you cast magic, didn't you?" Kian asked, confirming what he heard once more. I found it strange that I had to repeat what I said, but I just responded to his question.

"Yes, that is so..." I replied. Saying that, most of them had shock laced on their faces. What's wrong with that?

"Willow, you just used magic. You're only eight years of age." Michael said, and I finally remembered the most important detail, which somehow managed to slip from my mind.

"How are you able to cast magic, when you haven't even turned 10 yet?" Kian questioned. I had no idea either, really. It just... came to me. Though if I said that, they wouldn't take it for a valid reason.