Chapter 28

It's been a year since then. I haven't received a single word from the great mage, which was such a shame really. Other than that, everything seems normal.

The whole group is at our estate. Lukas and Alan are training, while Kian and Michael are dueling. They seem to be having fun.

"Willow, would you like some sweets?" Dia asked as she looked down at me, holding a plate filled with delicious delicacies. She was kind enough to offer me some food, how nice of her.

"Of course, Dia. Thank you." I took the plate from her hands as I put it down on the table. In front of myself was Elliot, sitting in a noble manner. Haah.. as expected of the chancellor's son.

He and I were both taking a break from training. I watched Dia return to the bench with Liz sitting besides her.

Ever since they found out about everything that happened to me, they grew especially worried. After a bit of back and forth, they finally stopped constantly questioning me if I was alright. Though, it seemed that those two had gotten close since the meeting.

I offered some cookies to Elliot as he gracefully took one. While I was eating, I noticed Elliot had some crumbs on his face. "Um, Master Elliot...." I cut off my words. I was about to tell him, but it would feel a bit awkward just stating it out of the blue.

"Yes-?" Before he could finish his question, I reached out to him across the table and held his cheek. After that, I wiped the crumbs off his lips in a gentle motion.

"W-what...?"

"Sorry, there were crumbs on your face." I apologized as his face turned a bright red. Maybe I should've told him about it...

After a long pause, he finally muttered. "....I-it's alright, Miss Willow. Thank you." He still calls me Miss Willow?

"There's no need for formalities, just call me Willow. We are friends, are we not?" I beamed a cheeky grin towards him as he covered his face with his right hand. He's thinking hard on my suggestion, I suppose.

"....If that is the case, you can call me Elliot." He replied with an alluring smile. Urgh....

"You're as charming as always, Eli." I blurted out. Haahh?! I got lured into his allure!!

"Wait, Elliot! Don't misunderstand...!" I messed up bad, really bad!! My face is probably as to a strawberry.

"I-I like it... I like Eli...." Huh?

"You want me to call you Eli?" He slowly nodded in response to my question. Huh, I didn't know he had a sweet side.

"Alright then, Eli." I giggled as he looked away to his right. After that, my face cooled down. I should talk with him more often.

"Willow... what exactly did you do to him?" Kian asked me with a questioning look as he and Michael approached me.

"Oh, it's nothing really." I assured him, but he seemed to still have doubts from his expression. Michael went up to us as he continued.

"When you say it's merely nothing, I know it to be completely otherwise." He stated as Michael agreed with his words.

"Whaaat?! Why don't any of you believe me?" I asked with a mocking tone.