⋆。‧₊°♱༺𓆩Chapter 6𓆪༻♱༉‧₊˚.

(Unedited)
Word count: 7653
Listen while you read? I recommend: Stayin Alive by Bee Gees, Motorbreath by Metallica.
A/N: it's a long one as I'm making up for the previous chapter as it was shorter than I would've liked, but hopefully this long one was worth it🫡

⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆ ⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆ ⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆ ⋆⋆☆⋆⋆

Sarah and Ames danced around the living room singing along with Joey as they finished putting up the last bit of decorations in the living room, when the door bell rang.

"I got it!" Ames said as she skipped over to the door and soon her voice was heard again "Oh, Sazzy baby! It's for youuuu."

Sarah rolled her eyes at her best friend's behavior and walked towards the door and was greeted met with a smiling James. Sarah's heart skipped a beat as she laid eyes on James standing at the doorstep, his smile radiating warmth and affection. Her nerves settled as she felt an overwhelming sense of comfort and happiness wash over her.

"Hey," James greeted, his voice filled with genuine excitement. "You look absolutely stunning, Sarah."

Blushing, Sarah looked down at her outfit—a simple maxi black dress that hugged her curves in all the right places that Ames and DJ had convinced her to wear . "Thanks, James. You clean up pretty well yourself," she replied, unable to hide her own smile. He had actually looked decent in a thrash metal way she was just happy his shirt had sleeves minus hat held together duck taped white sneakers and she made a mental note to force him to go shoe shopping before their next tour.

"Come on in, the party hasn't started but I'm sure Joey will love having help and fresh ears to his jokes." She said inviting him In closing the door behind him. But before she could he place a hand on her upper arm

"Hold on a second." He told her, Sarah turned back to him with a raised brow
"I've got a small surprise for you."

"Oh?" Sarah asked confused racking her brain on what I could be or if she had accidentally told him it was her birthday but he thankfully spoke before she went farther down the rabbit hole in her brain

"Come on." James said grabbing her hand and opening the front door and upon leading her outside her eyes immediately landed on her prize and joy sitting on the street in front of the house.

"Trigger!" She said and bounded down the stairs being James with her the man laughing as she dragged him down the stairs she inspected her car seeing now damage and she looked towards James who she had left on the sidewalk, he put his hands in his jacket and was smiling at her, "how did you? Just how?"

"Quite easy the desk lady recognized me and Lard and led us into the employee parking where I replaced the battery and drove him here." He answered simply watching as her smiled grew and the butterflies in his stomach became more violent.

"But the keys are in bedroom." She said confused

"Sweets, wouldn't be the first time I've hot wired a car and would be the last but I made sure not to damage anything." He answered her with getting a laugh from her and she stepped towards him and wrap him into an hug, she felt him tense up but soon relaxed and held her back with more force even lifting her up from the ground a little causing her to giggle

"Thank you Jams." She told him her head still burrowed in his chest.

"It's nothing, Sweets." He replied