⋆。‧₊°♱༺𓆩Chapter 18𓆪༻♱༉‧₊˚.

(Unedited)
Word count: 3716
Listen while you read? I recommend: Hold On Loosely by 38 Special

⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆ ⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆ ⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆ ⋆⋆☆⋆⋆

Sarah stepped into James' cozy San Francisco home, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. The bustling streets and the chaotic energy of her own family's antics had faded into the background as she found solace in the serene atmosphere of James' abode. It was their secret hideaway, a place where they could escape from the world and bask in each other's love.

"Hey there, Sweets," he said, wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace as he ran to greet her at the door as soon as he heard it open, Sarah's heart skipped a beat, as it always did when James called her by that sweet nickname.

They spent the day together, reveling in each other's company. As Sarah stood in James' kitchen, determined to help him with the pile of dirty dishes stacked by the sink, she felt a playful presence behind her. She could sense James inching closer, his warm breath tickling the back of her neck.

"Just a few more minutes, Sweets," he whispered, his voice filled with mischief. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her gently towards him. Sarah couldn't help but smile, her heart fluttering at the touch of his hands.

"But Jams," she protested, trying her best to sound serious, "these dishes won't wash themselves, you know."

James chuckled, planting a soft kiss on her cheek. "I know, Sweets, but I can't resist stealing a moment with you." He nuzzled his face into her hair, his arms tightening around her. "Besides, there's plenty of time for chores. Right now, I just want to be with you, plus you sound like your dad."

"Oh my god, I do." She realized before letting her resistance melted away as James continued to shower her with affection. His kisses traveled down her neck, each touch sending waves of warmth through her body. The dishes and the laundry forgotten, she turned around to face him, her eyes sparkling with love.

"Okay, you win," she relented, a playful glint in her eyes. "But only if you promise to help me fold the laundry later."

James grinned mischievously, his eyes filled with adoration. "Deal," he said, his voice filled with sincerity. "I'll do anything for you, Sweets."

And in that moment, the world around them faded into the background. The only thing that mattered was their love, their embrace, and the simple joy of being together. Time seemed to stand still as they held each other, cherishing the intimacy of the present moment.

The pile of dishes and the heap of laundry could wait. This stolen moment between Sarah and James was too precious to let slip away.

Later Sarah sat on the couch, observing the flurry of activity in James' living room. Lars, Kirk, and Cliff were huddled together, guitars and drum sticks in hand, their faces filled with determination as they worked on the intricacies of a new song. James, however, seemed unable to shake off the distractions that clouded his mind.

As the music filled the air, Sarah could see the frustration etched on James' face. His brows furrowed, his fingers stumbling over the strings, and his eyes wandered towards her every now and then. It was clear that his thoughts were elsewhere.

Lars soon grew frustrated by James' lack of focus, couldn't contain his anger any longer. He banged his drumsticks loudly against his snare drum, his face red with frustration.