⋆。‧₊°♱༺𓆩Chapter 19𓆪༻♱༉‧₊˚.

(Unedited)
Word count: 4138
Listen while you read? I recommend: Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House

⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆ ⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆ ⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆ ⋆⋆☆⋆⋆

A few days later, Sarah and James found themselves in the midst of a lovers' spat. The tension between them had been building, and their doubts from the past resurfaced, casting a shadow over their relationship. As the evening wore on, Sarah could feel the fog of uncertainty settling between them.

It was fall in San Francisco, and the city was notorious for its fog season. On this particular night, the fog was particularly thick, enveloping the streets and obscuring visibility. James had been planning to leave after their argument, but as he made his way to the door, he realized the fog was too dense to navigate safely.

Sarah watched him from the doorway, her gaze filled with a mix of frustration and concern. "James, you can't go out in this. It's too dangerous. You'll get lost or hurt."

James turned back, frustration etched on his face. "I need some space, Sarah. I can't think straight right now, and I just need to clear my head."

"Then just go sit in my room." Sarah told him in return he rolled his eyes and stomped past her and slammed the door to her room ultimately locking her out. The girl huffed, stepping around the drum set Jesse had bought DJ as a form of saying sorry for yelling at her, she sat on the couch to sulk as the doorbell rang.

Jesse walked in and smiled softly at the girl as he hear everything, with a sheet in hand he threw it over the drum kit making sure it was covered before he called for her sister.

"Deej, I need to see you downstairs!" He hollered before chucking to himself and she soon heard the footsteps of her sister and the Gibbler girl coming towards the stairs

"What did I do now?" The second eldest asks still upset from how the man overreacted earlier, but to be fair Sarah completely understood his reaction, she too would have yelled at her sister for recording over a tape that took hours to make.

"You didn't do anything. I got a fun surprise for you." The uncle told her.

"Be careful it could be a trick." Kimmy warned her friend causing the two downsides to roll their eyes.

"It's not a trick, hah." Jesse told them in his annoyed tone as they entered the living room fully sending a few glances towards the sulking girl.

Jesse pulled the sheet off to reveal the drumkit that James had to help him put together.

"Ta-da!" He exclaimed

"Harry Levin Trio?" Dj asked reading the insert on the kick drum.

"Ah well, I got a good deal. Harry's going back in the deli business." Jesse told them get a small chuckle from Sarah, "Deej, uh, they're for you."

The oldest daughter watched as her sisters eyes opened wide and a smile followed

"For me?" She asked and Jesse nodded confirming his statement, "why?"

"Well, I just wanted to make sure we're buddies." He told her, "we cool now?"

"Yeah, I guess." The girl answered as Kimmy smiled widely at her excited about the gift too.