Chapter 4

The week flew by with preparation for the day we'd leave. Lilianna was gone to meetings upon meetings, most I didn't even know what for. She did more for me than I could ever repay her for. Most of my packing had been handled by Cat. I decided it was better to risk her packing me something crazy then to try and argue. She had never failed me before. Beth had done a shoot with the boys the day before we left for promo purposes. She had flowers placed perfectly on their faces and chests, glowing in the summer sun. She was brilliant. The night before we left, the girls and I scrambled around making sure everything we needed, we had. I hugged them early and walked out to my van. Already, the pit in my stomach was growing. I loved singing, that was no problem. The crowds, though, and being on stage alone. Sure I'd have a backup band, but it was my name, my voice, my music. I climbed into my bed built into the back of the van. I went through my mental checklist and everything was accounted for. I took in my surroundings, my home for 3 years. I had spent my last penny renovating this van to move to Nashville to live. And now, for 4 months, I'd be traveling. This is what you wanted. This has always been your dream. That alone lulled me to sleep.

"Rise and shine sleepy head!" The banging on my van door continued.

"Oh Brooklyn!" Another voice singsonged. I rolled my eyes and grinned, sliding the door open. There stood the twins, bright eyed and ready for their tour. Our tour. 

"We tried to be nice at first, but we just had to get you awake." Josh said simply. 

"Yeah, you must be a deep sleeper. We've been banging on your door for like ten minutes." Jake added.

"Maybe I was just ignoring you," I grinned at him. 

"Get up." He sighed and walked back towards the tour bus.

The tour bus. My eyes gaped open at the sight of my new home on the road.

"Pretty nice right?" Josh said, still standing by my open door.

"Brooklyn, let's go!" Beth yelled from the house. 

I looked back at Josh, still wide eyed. 

"First show tonight." He smiled. "Let's go change our lives." 

-----------------

The tour bus was even more spectacular on the inside. The bunks were small, but I still smiled as big as I could as the boys led us through. Each bunk had a sliding curtain for some semblance of darkness, or privacy. The four on the left side were untouched and I assumed they were left for us. I put my pillow on the first top bunk and the girls behind me followed suite. Cat took the one beneath me, with Lilianna beside me and Beth beneath her. We met the boys back in the front living room area. Our bus driver turned and asked if we were ready to go.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I stated. 

"First stop: New York!" Josh shouted as Jake grabbed two beers from the fridge. "Aw, bringing one for me, dear brother?" He asked Jake.

"Nope. These are both for me." Jake said, sitting next to me on the couch, cracking open the first one. Sam sat down on my other side with his bass. 

"You know," I said turning towards him, "I've always wanted to learn to play bass." 

He turned to me and deadpanned, "But you're too busy shredding riffs on your custom blue electric to try?" 

Jake laughed out loud from my other side. "That's my girl!" He took a long swig of his drink. Lilianna, Cat, and Danny were on the couch facing us from the other side of the bus, with Beth and Josh at the table in the small kitchen next to us.