Chapter 9

I was stuck with my head over the toilet for another hour before feeling slightly better. I couldn't get Jake's lips out of my mind, or the fury in Sam's eyes. Now I felt both physically and mentally dirty. I opened the bathroom door and crept past where everyone was already asleep to the back to grab clothes. I took my time in the shower, letting the hot water melt away all of my guilt. I scrubbed and scrubbed my skin, but no matter how much I tried to lie, I knew I would do it again. If he wanted to, I would do it again. My stomach churned and I turned the water cold and let the steady flow hit my face. 

Would this change our team dynamic? Would things be awkward? Or was relieving tension beneficial? I turned the water off, still feeling like I was drowning inside my head. I stepped out and wrapped the small towel around my body.

The door cracked open and I gasped.

"It's me." Sam said. 

Seeing him wrecked me. The thoughts of Jake I was having evaporated as the memory of Sam's hand on my face replaced it. 

I pulled the towel closer to myself, suddenly more aware of just how much it did and didn't cover. I looked down at my exposed legs. "Is this urgent?" I asked him.

He stepped inside and let the door close. "Yes," he whispered, already breathless, as he took the two steps it took to close the gap between us. He crashed his lips into mine. I gave in to him immediately and tucked my towel into itself to stay up before wrapping my arms around his neck. He turned and pushed me up against the wall, growing needier with every kiss and touch. His mouth left mine and kissed down my neck. The feeling of his lips on my skin was enough to tilt my head back. 

"You have no idea," He said in between kisses, "how it felt to see you kiss someone else." He smirked at me before kissing me again. My heart was melting and so were my legs and I pulled my lips away from his.

"Oh, you were jealous?" I whispered, trying to catch my breath for a second. 

"Yes," he said against my lips. His breath reeked of beer and it was only then that I was reminded of how drunk he was when he walked in to the bus, eager to play spin the bottle. He was kissing me again and I was kissing him but my mind was counting the amount of drinks I watched him buy in the bar, how many more he had once we were playing. I pulled his head back with his hair.

"I can't, Sam." I whispered, his mouth so close to mine I wouldn't have to move to change my mind and kiss him again.

He pulled away further. "What?" He said.

"You're drunk." I replied. He was a step behind me, but I couldn't make my voice any louder. 

I was still in my towel, but his eyes didn't leave mine. "I'm not drunk."

"Yes. You are. And this means too much to me for it to be a one night fling." 

He smirked. "It means that much to you huh? He stepped closer and put his hands on my hips, still grinning.

"Yes," I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled back. "So, you need to go to bed," I grabbed his hands from off of me and put them back to his side, "and see if you even remember this in the morning." 

"Fine." He backed up towards the door. "But I could never forget you."

"I hope that's true." I only whispered it, and he was already out the door, but still I repeated myself. "I really hope that's true."

I laid in my bunk wide awake until it was reasonable enough to get up. Beth and Josh were the only morning people in our crew, but only she was up, editing with a cup of coffee and Hozier playing in the background.