Chapter 25

Cat wasn't kidding when she said she wanted to get new clothes for everyone. She had me in a black long sleeve shirt with small cutouts around my chest, a black mini skirt, and black lace tights. I felt so classic rock n roll, and she always knew how to do that. 

She was in a tight black one piece that barely covered anything, her long legs exposed before dipping into tall cowboy boots. She had a chunky belt loosely around her waist. She was always breathtaking.

She even had new clothes for Lilianna and Beth, Lilianna in royal blue two piece, the top exposing her midriff and accenting beautiful gold detailing, the matching skirt sitting perfectly around her waist. Beth was in a loose white blouse and jeans, a vintage vest pulling it all together. We looked straight out of a 70's dream and it was perfect. 

Cat and I still hadn't ever resolved our argument, but every time I opened my mouth to say something to her about it, I never quite found the right words to say. 

I grabbed my guitar and put it around my head, but an arm reached out and spun me around before I went on stage. 

"Hey," Sam said timidly. He seemed nervous, almost shy. 

"Hey," I smiled back at him. He didn't answer immediately, we just looked at each other. Cat must have gotten the boys new clothes, too, because he had on a  open tunic with various aztec patterns. I averted my eyes from his bare chest and tried not to think about our afternoon spent in my bed. He had on sunglasses and multiple necklaces to tie it all together.

He looked great.

There was so much between us, so much unsaid. We both knew it. I saw it in his eyes, he wanted to say something. But what was there to say? We only had a few more shows left. 

There was so much time gone, and so little left. What could we do? Starting something now would complicate it all so much.

"Brooklyn." He finally said. His hand was still on my arm. 

"Sam, I have to go on," I finally answered. I could barely bare to see the defeated look on his face. 

Although I practically asked him to leave, neither one of us moved. His hand stayed on my arm and his eyes stayed on me. There was something about him I couldn't get over, I couldn't move away from. He intoxicated me. Next thing I knew, he was right in front of me. I felt his breath on my lips. I didn't care that I was probably late going on stage. I wasn't thinking about anything but him. 

"Where's Brooklyn? She has to go on," Lilianna's voice was distant, but getting closer.

"I love you." Sam whispered on my lips. 

And then he was gone. I practically stumbled out on to the stage. 

And I played my heart out.

And all I thought of was Sam. His hands his lips his eyes. All of it more entrancing than the last. I wanted to tell him I loved him back. I didn't want to think about the short time we have left or the difficult things. 

When I closed with his song, I looked over and saw him gazing at me, smiling. I practically ran off the stage to him.

Cat stepped in between us before I could get to him.

"I think we need to talk." She said. 

I looked past her at Sam. He was waiting patiently for me. I wanted to shout it at him I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU but I couldn't. 

I sighed. It could wait, right?

"Yeah, we should."

"I'm sorry, Brooklyn. I'm sick of us not talking. I miss you."