13: Team Velly

THE TOURNAMENT had begun, as Via sat on the bench watching the game. She loved watching Belly play volleyball, it was one of her favourite things- to see Belly doing something she enjoys. She just wished she was playing with her.

She sat next to Jeremiah, as they both cheered Team Belly on, as they won multiple matches. Throughout this time, Via couldn't keep her eyes off of the girl, she was mesmerised.

Suddenly, Taylor fell to the ground as she whacked the ball, as the game stopped. She rolled in the sand, holding her ankle, before Belly helped her to stand. She looked back at Via,

"Ollie!" She called, "Can you sub, please?"

"Yeah, are you okay?" Via jogged over to her, taking off her own t-shirt, leaving her in her black sports bra before putting on Taylor's t-shirt.

Taylor winked at her, "You've got this."

"Taylor, what-" Via stressed.

"Don't sweat it. He's in her rearview." Taylor reassured, glancing at Jeremiah who was sat on the benches.

Via questioned, "Really?"

"Yeah, I'm team Velly. I've got your back, okay?" Taylor smiled, before dramatically limping towards Jeremiah.

Playing with Belly was very fun, although Via was distracted by her and her competitiveness. Belly wanted to win and Via wanted to impress Belly- they were both playing for something. However, they were struggling to win against two other girls, who clearly had more experience.

Belly instructed, "Okay, don't look at me. Watch the ball."

"Okay, you got it." Via nodded, before the ball came flying over the net towards the sand.

Belly stressed, "Ollie, focus!"

Somehow, the two girls had made it to the Semi-Finals, playing against Steven and Shayla, who were also very competitive. The whole match was basically Shayla and Via helping the siblings to beat eachother, putting to rest their sibling rivalry.

"We won!" Belly screamed in happiness, hugging Via so tightly she couldn't breathe, "We did it!"

Via cheered, "Yeah!"

Susannah announced through the microphone, "And the winner's are Isabel Conklin and Olivia Fisher!"

***

The three girls walked out of the pitches, Belly carrying the blue trophy with pride but Via couldn't help but notice she seemed a little upset- she decided not to say anything, but she did see Conrad and her talking after the match. She hoped he hadn't had anything to do with Belly being upset.

Belly questioned, "How's your ankle?"

"It's better." Taylor replied, before discreetly smirking at Via. She continued, "You played so good, Ollie, considering you don't play sports anymore." She paused, looking at Belly, "Don't you think?"

"Yeah, uh, you're really good." Belly teased, "You need to work on your focus, though-"

Nicole interrupted, "Hey, Belly."

She smiled, "Hey, Nicole. You remember my friend Taylor?"

"Yeah, hi." Nicole smiled, before explaining, "So, my dad's boat just came up from Anguilla. So what do you guys think about a pizza and rosé in a few hours?" She paused, "Just something fun to end the day."