25: Scab To Scar

THE GROUP split up, retrieving blankets and pillows, food from the kitchen, and anything else they might need. Via and Belly walked alone down a long corridor, their hands brushing together, but they didn't want to get caught. Via knew everybody else had gone to the kitchens, however, she also knew about Belly's fear of being in a relationship with her.

Via cleared her throat, before asking, "Are we okay?"

"Yeah, uh, of course." Belly replied, "Why wouldn't we be okay?"

Via explained, "I just... I've noticed that you haven't told anyone about us, which is completely fine. But, it's been a few weeks and, uh, I'm just worried, you know, that you... you would want to keep a secret forever."

Belly held Via's hand as they walked, "You know I love you, Livy. I just- I just get scared. I know I came out at Steven's graduation party, but a part of me still wasn't ready for that." She hesitated, "I'm still trying to accept myself."

Via smiled slightly as she nodded, before turning towards a door, "This should be the screening room."

"The screening room?" Belly repeated with a sarcastic smirk, as she hugged Via from behind, "Are you asking me out on a date, Livy?"

Via raised her eyebrows, before pulling Belly into the screening room by her hands, then they kissed for a moment. Belly held Via's hand, before running up to the couches they had surrounding the big screen.

The two girls stood in front of the white light from the projector, which beamed onto the big screen. Belly made shadow puppets with their hands, as Via just watched the smile on Belly's face grow as she laughed. Via leaned in towards the girl, her eyes flickering between her lips and eyes, as Belly's forehead touched against hers...

The door creaked open, causing Belly to immediately stop and turn to the door, as Via sat down quickly. Via pretended to look for something on the ground, before glancing up to see her brothers in the doorway, "Oh, hi, we found a place to sleep."

Jeremiah smiled awkwardly, and Via had doubted he had saw something he shouldn't have, "That's, uh, good. This is cool."

Conrad stayed silent behind Jere, which made Via's anxiety escalate through the roof. She would've preferred it if he spoke, but Connie wouldn't of said the right thing anyway. He would've been hurt, they both would, and Via didn't want to be involved in their relationship drama. 

Belly looked at her phone in her pocket, which had vibrated several times. She spoke quickly, leaving the room as she did so, "Taylor's found weed, uh, I'm gonna go find her outside."

"Oh, uh, okay." Via nodded, but Belly had already rushed out of the room. She frowned to herself, almost confused as why Belly had left so quickly.

Jeremiah questioned, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, uh, I'm gonna find Evie." Via nodded, and suddenly tears had swelled in her eyes, which Conrad noticed of course. 

"Hey." Conrad placed a hand on Via's shoulder as she walked passed him, though the girl kept walking, "Ollie?"

Via called back to them as she walked away down the hall, "I'll meet you outside!"

Evie and Via walked far behind the group, as they all attempted to push a golfing buggy down the small grassy hills. Via continued explaining quietly, "A part of me hoped they saw us kiss, I mean, I hate keeping this a secret from them. They're my brothers and they love Belly, too. It will break them when they find out and they'll hate me for keeping it a secret.

"They won't hate you." Evie reassured, "Did you talk to Belly about keeping it a secret?"

"Yeah"" Via replied, "She said how she was still accepting herself, which I understand, but... I don't know. I just feel like I'm not the only option."