28: Wedding Ring

VIA DIDN'T sleep that night, the image of Belly kissing Jeremiah replayed in her head over and over. Evie stayed with the girl all night, cuddling her in attempt to make her feel better. But nothing was going to make the girl happy.

The girl snapped out of her trance, at the distant shouts coming from the room next to hers. Evie woke up, rubbing her eyes and checking if Via was awake, "You okay?"
Via just nodded, watching as Evie walked quietly over to her bedroom door. Evie put her ear up to the door, before whispering, "It's Laurel?"

Via frowned, before throwing off the blankets covering her body and joining Evie at the door.

"Stop it!" Laurel shouted, "I can't stand to hear you use Susannah as an excuse one more time."

"You can't stand me period!" Belly cried, "But you will never hate me as much as I hate myself."

"Come on!" Laurel argued, "We are not doing this here. Let's go!"

"No, no, no! I'm not going anywhere." Belly shouted, "The only mistake I made was hurting Livy and I hate myself for that! You could never help me. I don't know why I called you!"

Laurel scoffed, "Don't be ridiculous, Belly!"

"Susannah would never forgive you for abandoning her children!" Belly cried, "She would never even-"

Suddenly, a smacking sound echoed from the room next door, as Belly gasped loudly. Evie and Via shared looks of concern, their eyes widening at the sound of Belly's loud sobs and Laurel's apologies.

Via quickly opened the door, seeing Belly sob as she stormed down the hallway. She stopped walking when she saw Via, and more tears swelled in her dark brown eyes. Belly's mouth moved to speak, but no words formed a sentence.

Belly turned around when two doors behind her clicked open. Jeremiah and Conrad had both come out of their rooms, as they all shared looks of concern and worry. However, Evie just glared at Jeremiah, before slamming the door shut.

Belly walked up to the door, before knocking repeatedly. She cried, "Livy? Please talk to me. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you and I hate myself for what I did. Please!"

Via sat on the edge of her bed, as she pressed her hands over her ears so hard it began to hurt her head. She couldn't stand hearing Belly cry. Via refused to listen.

Evie opened the door slightly, before warning, "She doesn't want to speak to you, Belly. Leave her alone."

Belly cried, "But-"

"No, Belly!" Evie raised her voice protectively, "You don't understand, do you? You're so fucking selfish."

After a while of getting ready upstairs, Via was finally prepared to go downstairs to see everybody. Evie walked behind her, as they all met in the kitchen.

Taylor rushed up to Via immediately, hugging her tightly, "I'm so sorry, Ollie. Are you okay?"

"Mhm." Was all the girl could reply. A burning sensation at the back of her throat made her voice crack, "Where's Laurel?" 

"She's outside... with Belly." Steven replied cautiously, and a saddened look appeared on his face, "I'm sorry for what happened, Olls."

Via tried to smile, but it was more of a mouth twitch, as she glanced at Conrad to see him looking directly at her.

A moment later, Laurel and Belly walked inside, and Evie's face turned stone-cold. Via avoided eye contact, trying her best not to cry.

Laurel spoke, "I owe you all an apology. You guys have been there for each other and I haven't, and I'm deeply sorry for that."