27: Unloveable

AS THE night went on, Via decided to spend time with Evie, and occasionally hung out with Conrad. Since the fight, she couldn't find Belly anywhere, however Via presumed she was comforting Taylor over what had happened.

Skye bumped into Via as she danced with Evie. They spoke excitedly, "Oh- Sorry, I, uh... I have really good news about the house." They paused, "I'll meet you outside, okay? Can you find the others for me?"

"Uh, sure." Via smiled, "I'll be out as soon as I find them."

Evie nodded, "Thanks, Skye."

Evie followed Via through the crowds of people, trying to find Jeremiah and Belly, who hadn't been seen in hours.

Via squinted through the empty gaps of the room, seeing glimpses of an orange top and brown hair. Belly. She smiled to herself, before pulling Evie's hand through the crowd... However, Evie used her hand to grab ahold of Via's, stopping her from walking any further.

Evie saw it first.

Via frowned, "What are you doing? Belly's over there."

"Listen, Ollie." Evie was suddenly very serious, "Let's just go outside, okay? We can find Belly later."

"Evie, you're freaking me out." Via chuckled nervously, "We already found Belly. What's the big deal?"

"Ollie." Evie warned, and Via could see the pure shock in her eyes, "Trust me, okay? You don't want to go over there." She paused, watching as Via ignored her and barged through the crowd, "Ollie!"

Via's smile dropped. In fact, any expression of life on her face had faded. She stood in amongst the crowd, watching as Belly was kissing somebody else. She went on her tip-toes, trying to see who the other person was... brown hair, beige top, blue eyes, an infectious smile.

Via muttered to herself, her voice breaking, "Jeremiah?"

Evie caught up with the girl, flickering her eyes in between the two kissing and her best friend. She didn't know what to say. Evie didn't know what to do. If she said the wrong thing, Via would explode or breakdown. However, if she stayed silent, it might have the same effect.

Evie held Via's shoulders, standing in front of her so the girl couldn't see Belly anymore. Evie spoke sadly, "I'm so sorry, Ollie. I really am. You don't deserve this, okay?" She repeated, "Ollie?"

Via stared into the distance, her blue eyes filling with tears which glistened in the reflection of the party lights. She felt her heart shatter into one million pieces, yet this time it could not be fixed. Everything in her body hurt. The aching drained her soul of any feelings other than sadness.

Via watched as Skye walked over to Jeremiah and Belly, taking them both outside to talk about the house. Yet Via was no longer excited about the beach house anymore. She couldn't shake the image from her head- Jeremiah's lips on her girl friend's. The more she thought about it, the more angrier she got.

Via snapped back into reality, as she frowned quickly, "What the fuck?" She brushed her hands through her hair in distress, before muttering, "What the fuck. Did you see that?"

"Yeah, I did, Ollie." Evie attempted to stay calm for the girl, even though she was boiling with anger herself. She continued to calm her down, "Listen, before you do anything, I think we should relax. It's our last night in this house so-"

Via had already started storming through the crowds of teenagers, pushing everyone out of her way. She reached the front door, before swinging it open and storming down the concrete steps. Tears ran down her cheeks, as she ignored Evie's calls.

Abruptly, Via shoved Jeremiah backwards, causing him to stumble back. The group frowned, as Steven and Taylor held Via back from shoving Jere again.

"Whoa!" Steven raised his voice, "What the fuck is going on?"

Via stuck her finger in Jeremiah's face as she pointed at him angrily, "He knows exactly what's fucking going. Don't you? Fucking tell them!" She paused at his silence, "Tell them-"

"Tell them what?" Jeremiah questioned, as he frowned in frustration, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" Via retorted, "What's wrong with you!"

Taylor struggled to hold Via back, "Can somebody explain what the fuck is going on?"

Belly finally spoke, "Livy, please, stop."

Via stopped squirming in Steven and Taylor's grasps, as she pulled away from them both. She wiped the tears as they fell from her eyes, as she looked at Belly. Via's voice broke as she cried, "Why?"

"Why what?" Skye frowned, "Is this not about the house?"

Via's anger turned into sobs, as she tried to explain, "W-What the fuck did I do wrong, Belly? I tried. I've been trying for so long and-and you've never seen me." She paused as she caught her breath, "And tonight, for the first time ever, I thought you actually saw me for who I was." She gritted her teeth, as she snapped, "But then you fucking kissed my brother behind my back!"

Jere tried to speak, "Ollie, I didn't know-"

"Dude, what the fuck?" Steven frowned at Belly and Jeremiah, as the rest of the group who didn't know about Belly and Via looked at each other with shocked expressions on their faces.

Taylor's eyes widened, "Holy shit."

Belly cried, "I'm sorry!"

"You should be fucking sorry." Via spat, "Because we are fucking done. I'm fucking done with you and you're shitty excuses."

Belly's voice broke, "You don't mean that."

"I mean every fucking word, Belly." Via said through gritted teeth, as she took a few steps back to breathe. She muttered to Conrad, who had protectively stood next to her, "I need to... to go."

Jeremiah tried again, "Let me explain-"

Conrad lowered his voice softly, "Go to your room, okay?"

"Livy, I'm sorry, okay?" Belly called to her, "I'm sorry for everything-"

Evie glared back at her, as she wrapped her arm around Via, "Do not fucking speak to her!"

"Ollie!" Jere called in distress, as he paced up and down, "Fuck."

Via broke down as soon as she closed her bedroom door, falling onto Evie as she cried, her sobs muffled as she pushed her face into Evie's shoulder. Evie comforted her as much as she could, as the two girl's covered their bodies in the bedsheets. They rested in silence for a moment, despite the distant shouts of Jeremiah and Conrad from outside of the window.

Via cleared her throat, but when she spoke her voice was dry and raspy, "I thought she loved me, Evie. I really did."

"I know." Evie replied understandably, not knowing what else to say in this moment in time. Evie tickled the girl's head with her acrylic nails, as Via rested her eyes and leaned into Evie.

Via sighed, "Am I really that unloveable?"

a/n:
merry christmas my loves
(if you celebrate it)
i hope you all had a lovely day!!