١٦

HIS NIQABI GIRL

Elham.

"Can I go wash off the henna now?" I asked, clearly frustrated. It was Thursday evening and I had been seated for hours to have my hands and legs decorated beautifully with henna. However, this obviously wasn't my most favorite thing to do as it was exhausting and draining.

"No! Just wait a little more" Imaan replied me in a scolding tone. I pouted at her jokingly.

"Remind me why we couldn't leave this henna application until tomorrow morning again?" I asked Imaan.

She sighed. "Because, the henna artist is booked for tomorrow and next and we booked late" Imaan answered.

This was why she was my best friend. Only her could manage my moods.

"We'll have to go to the hairstylist tomorrow. Plus, Ummi sent your dresses. You need to try them on so we're sure that everything fits perfectly" Yasmeen said to me.

We were currently in one of the most expensive hotels in New York City. I had Imaan, Yasmeen, Aseeyah, Asma, Layla and Lakshmi with me. Yasmeen, Aseeyah and Asma had only arrived this afternoon and the other two were still asleep while Yasmeen was way too excited to even have some sleep.

"I cannot believe you and Asaad are getting married before Sufy and I. If someone had told me this a month ago, I'd have laughed in their faces" Yasmeen said to me.
I was currently seated on a couch, holding my hands in the air and with my legs stretched out in front of me. I was starting to grow impatient as the henna was refusing to dry up quickly.

"I would have also laughed in their faces" I said to her as we both giggled.

"But I'm really glad you and Asaad are finally happening" Yasmeen stated, with a genuine smile spread on her lips.

"Ugh. So none of you were team Rayyan huh?" I joked.

"We've never met him" Imaan said from the other side of the room.

"Plus, I actually just have a weird feeling about him" Yasmeen added.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you do, he was in competition with your beloved cousin" I said to her, referring to Asaad.

At the mention of Rayyan, I remembered that I was yet to reply the text I got from him.
Firstly, because I was busy.
Secondly, because I just didn't know how to even reply to his message.

He was requesting to see me and discuss about the proposal. He didn't know I was getting married in two days.

"Salam!" Layla said, walking into our bedroom. The suite we had booked in the hotel had three bedrooms with a spacious bathroom, living room and kitchen.
Imaan, Yasmeen and I shared one room, Layla and Lakshmi the second room while Aseeyah and Asma where in the third. However, we hadn't all sat in the same room to bond so far because we were all busy with one thing or the other.
But it definitely felt blissful to have so many wonderful ladies come together to share a special day with me.

"Is anyone hungry? I'd like to order in some food" Layla said, making me smile.

"Finally someone who loves food as much as I do" I said to her.
She smiled. "Your henna looks so pretty already Cousin"

"I don't think I can eat right now. I need sleep more than anything else" Yasmeen replied her.

"Well I'm definitely hungry. Dealing with Elham and her mood swings is enough to make me starve" Imaan responded, as she typed into her phone hastily.