١٩

HIS NIQABI GIRL

Elham.

"Elham, you need to calm down please" Yasmeen begged me as I stormed into the suite's bedroom. It had now been cleaned up because we had left it in a messy state.

"Yas, the worst thing you can tell me right now are the words 'calm down'. It'll only make matters worse" I fumed.

"What happened? What's wrong?" Imaan asked, stepping into the room as Layla followed behind her.

I sighed, sitting down on the bed.

"Well..." Yasmeen trailed off.

"Please, I'd really appreciate it if you guys gave me some space. I'm sorry if I sound rude" I muttered under my breath.
Imaan and Yasmeen made eye contact before nodding their heads. I took a deep breath of relief as the three of them left, shutting the door closed.

It had been a long time since I felt this level of rage and it was all because of him.

All because of Asaad.

The Nikkah had gone pretty well. After crying with Ummi, Imaan had helped me touch up my makeup slightly before we headed to the hall. We had both consented to the marriage and the Imam declared us married. For a moment, I felt slightly excited when we were pronounced married, I felt slightly excited when we had gone to our parents for their blessings. The Nikkah event was over and we had all left to prepare for the dinner.
Everything seemed to be playing out just fine until I realized that I had lost my Gold earring and I needed to go back to search for it because it was worth a fortune of course. Yasmeen had suggested to follow me as Imaan was feeling slightly tired and sick because of her pregnancy.
However, once I stepped into the hall, I was met with a surprise. The bad type of surprise.
I saw him standing there as Farhanna wrapped her hands around him tightly. She seemed to be saying something to him and he was saying something back.

I felt hurt, and disrespected. This was our wedding day and he was sharing such a moment with another woman. And not just any other woman but Farhanna.
Once our eyes met, It took everything in me not to react or say something. I simply turned away and left as Yasmeen chased me.

"How was I so stupid to even agree to this in the first place?" I said out loud, asking myself.

I felt so stupid. Did I really think or believe he was going to stay away from Farhanna once we were married? Because he clearly just proved me wrong. It seemed like Farhanna was going to be a serious problem between us and she was not leaving anytime soon.

But couldn't he have had the decency to at least not do this on our wedding day? Perhaps, he thought nobody would see him and that I wouldn't find out.

Unfortunately and fortunately, I did.

I heard a knock on the door.

Ugh, just a few minutes of privacy is all I'm asking for guys!

The person proceeded to twist the door knob and step in. It was his sister, Aseeyah. My now sister-in-law.

"Hey" she whispered with a tight smile.

I simply stared at her blankly, waiting for her to continue because I had nothing to say.

"So, Yasmeen told me what happened" she said, sighing as she sat down beside me.

"Look, I'm not saying this because he's my brother but it was probably not what it looked like" she clarified .

Oh please, the body contact they shared was definitely what it looked like.