٣

HIS NIQABI GIRL

Elham

A week had already gone by. I was at Ummi's restaurant alongside Imaan and Sufyan, having dinner. It was a Sunday evening, the streets of New York filled with its residents walking and driving about hastily. I had grown to love the city. I mean, who wouldn't?

I was having pasta, as my two friends. It was a chatty evening, we were there for over an hour, laughing about everything and anything. I was going to wait for Ummi to close for the day so we'd drive home together, which was merely a street away.

"Yas should be flying in by tomorrow. Have you two spoken?" Sufy said to me. I clapped playfully, in excitement.

"I saw she texted me. I haven't opened or replied yet" I responded.

Sufyan rolled his eyes at me.

"You need to work on your communication skills a bit more don't you think?" He questioned.

"I'm trying. I'm really trying" I said in my defence but they both just gave me the "uh-huh?" Look and looked away.

"Ugh tomorrow's Monday" Imaan whined, causing me to remember that I had a job to report to, the next day.

"I literally forgot I had a job guys. If you had not mentioned it, I would have probably gone late to work, again" I stated.

"Probably because you're daddy's girl, you know he's gonna get you another job in seconds duh" Imaan mentioned.

I shook my head. "I'm everything but a daddy's girl. Plus, that's not it. I'm just so used to lazing around and working from home. I can't believe I have to adapt to a nine to five. That's crazy!"

"Welcome to the family" Sufy said, sarcastically.

I sighed, shrugging. "Whatever"

"We need to write down a list of activities to do while Yasmeen is here. How long would she be here for anyway?"
Imaan asked.

"What do you guys mean by a list of activities? She's here to see me, remember?" Sufy muttered.

"Well excuse us, she's our friend too. Plus you're forgetting that you're not her husband yet so we gotta minimise your access to her so you can wed her asap" I mumbled.

He shook his head in disbelief, playfully.

"Wow, okay guys. Soon enough, she'll be mine. In fact, she's coming so we can properly discuss and finalize on the wedding. Her parents are too busy, mine are a continent away and will only be coming in a few days to the wedding" he stated.

"Well we're definitely here to help in every way we can" I said to him, referring to Imaan and I.

She nodded her head in agreement.

"Of course. You're both the bride and groom's friends. Double responsibility" he said.

"Ugh, so I'll be the only single one left. You two better find me a husband asap" I blurted.

Sufy chuckled. "I think she is forgetting something Imaan" he said.

"Totally, she literally has a husband out there waiting for her" Imaan joked.