٢٩

HIS NIQABI GIRL

Elham.

"Hey, John. Come in please" I said as I pulled the door open and stepped to the side. I was now dressed in my jilbab and niqab, ready for the journey ahead of us. It was a few minutes to 11:00pm and I was already quite sleepy. The entire situation was insane, but looking on the brighter side, this meant that we'd get to London earlier and have more time to relax before monday.

I'm really trying to stay optimistic.

John greeted me before picking up the luggage and heading out. After a few seconds, Asaad stepped into the living room in a fresh set of clothes making me stare at him. There was something about the grey hoodie with matching pants he wore that made it difficult for me to look away. He always looked good in his tuxedos but seeing him dressed this casual felt like a breath of fresh air.

Once he caught my eye, he paused.

"You alright?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. John just arrived" I informed him.

"Alright. We should get moving then" he said, picking up one of the bags that laid on the ground.
I reached out to pick the other but he stopped me.

"What do you think you are doing?" He asked.

"Helping with the luggage?"

He shook his head. "Don't worry about that. John will come back for it. I have no idea why he didn't just come with a trolley. Let's go" he ordered.

I nodded and followed suit as we stepped into the elevator.

I tripped, causing me to almost fall but he managed to to catch me with his free hand.

"Careful" he muttered.

"Yeah, thanks" I replied.

It was a quiet drive to the airport and once we were in the private jet, Asaad directed me to our section.
I thought it was only going to be the three of us and the pilots but I just realized there were also two air hostesses and two other strange men whom I'd never met before .

The part I was seated was quite private. Private enough for me to comfortably take off my niqab and relax. It had a wooden demarcation from the rest of the jet and enough space to even rest my legs.
I had to admit this was top tier luxury. The couch, mid-sized bed and flat screen was enough to prove that.
One of the hostesses had informed me that when it was safe to use the bed, she'd communicate that with me.

I knew Asaad's family was rich but this made me realize how rich.

Asaad was busy on the other side, discussing with the other two men while I tucked myself into the seats and put on the seat belt.
After a few minutes, i heard Asaad  shut the small door and plunge into the seat beside mine.

"Hi" he mumbled.
My face was turned to the window and I did not bother turning to look at him.

"Hey" I mumbled back.

We fell quiet for a while until he spoke again after we had taken off.

"I know you're really mad at me, but can we talk?" He asked.

I mentally rolled my eyes. "It depends on what you want us to talk about" I replied.

"I want us to talk about what happened last Saturday" he stated.

I remained silent.

"Please"

I huffed. "Fine. What about it?"