Day 2/Wardrobe Malfunction

Today was the second day of the manifesto tour. The performances soon started. Soon, it was time for them to perform 'future perfect'.

They were assigned the same makeup artists and stylists as day 1. Soo-ah handed me my outfit for the day.

AERA'S POVThe outfit I am wearing is so cool

AERA'S POV
The outfit I am wearing is so cool. But the shirt is a little too loose. I tried adjusting it myself but I can't do it properly. I run to Soo-ah.

"Hey, this is a bit loose. Can you help me adjust it?" I asked her.

"Sure." Soo-ah replied worriedly.

Soo-ah began adjusting the dress. The strap of the dress was a bit loose too. She panicked.

"Wait, Aera. I'll get something to fix this. Stay here." She ran away to get something from the wardrobe.

Minji, the other stylist came to me to check what the problem was.

"What's the problem? You guys are going on the stage in 2 minutes." She said annoyed.

"My dress. It's a bit loose, i keep adjusting it but it just doesn't stay on place." I complained.

She checked the dress.

"It's nothing. Here, let's just use a safety pin so that it doesn't move." She carelessly said.

"But Soo-ah said she'd bring something to fix it."

Minji was about to reply when a staff member interrupted.

"Okay guys, you're going on the stage. Hurry up, come."

He said while my eyes widened. I was looking for Soo-ah who hasn't returned yet.

"Noona, let's go." Ni-ki said pulling my arm.

I had no choice but to follow them as she said.

Soon, our performance started. I moved my body according to the steps we had learned. I could hear the fans screaming. I tried being very professional and not mess up until...

The strap of my top started falling of my shoulder. I panicked internally. A few fans started shouting tell me that it's falling off. I didn't know what to do. I tried adjusting it while dancing but it was a fail. The shirt had a few buttons on the back, one of which opened due to the intense movement of my body. This outfit is not a very comfortable fit. I hope the song ends soon.

3rd PERSON POV
As Aera's costume malfunctioned, gasp rippled through the audience. Aera's eyes widened, and her face flushed with nervousness and shock. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she tried to figure out how to salvage the situation. The fabric gave way, exposing her shoulder and threatening to unravel further.

The boys who had no idea what was happening were confused. The engenes pointed at Aera when their eyes widened as they processed the sudden mishap. Jay's and Heeseung's expressions shifted to concern. They could see Aera performing desite the mishap she encountered. Jake's quick thinking kicked into action as he moved to shield Aera from the audience's view. The crew rushed to her aid, and Sunoo, still on stage, gestured more urgently for assistance. Despite the shock, the members kept their composure and professionalism as they continued their performance, determined to get through the unexpected challenge together so that it does not create issues for Aera.

As soon as the performance ended, Aera left the stage without saying anything and the boys followed her. The engenes were clearly worried for the maknae. Aera rushed to the wardrobe and locked herself. The embarrassment she felt in that moment was overwhelming. She couldn't believe that a wardrobe malfunction had occurred on such a major stage. It felt like the world's spotlight was shining on her, and she wanted nothing more than to disappear in that very instant.

Soon, she could hear the voices of the boys. She tried not to do this, but she couldn't help but be embarrassed. Tears started falling off her eyes.

"Aera? Please open the door." Jungwon said.

"Rae? Please talk to us." Jake softly pleaded.

"I'm sorry guys. Please let me be alone." Aera requested while looking down.

The boys sighed. Aera was close to everyone but has always shared a special bond with Heeseung who is always there to support her and give her the best advices. Heeseung knew she needed them.

"Aera, can I talk to you? Please?" He requested softly.

Aera who had no other choice, opened the door. Only Heeseung went inside. The others decided staying back because they trusted their hyung to settle the situation.

HEESEUNG'S POV
I enter the room and look at Aera who's eyes were red and puffy. My heart shattered seeing her this way. I sat on the chair besides her.

"Aera, look at me." I softly said.

Aera looked at me with her teary eyes. "I am sorry for what happened earlier. You must've been scared. I know what happened earlier should mot have happen. Despite the mishap, you continued performing. A part of me is proud of you for being professional but as the oldest member of the group who loves & care for his maknae alot, I want to scold you for not stopping. Anything could've happened. Thank you for staying strong on the stage. I know you're worried that engenes must not like you, or that you messed up. Don't worry. They know how you tried to keep it professional. I'll make sure no one talks about this. Okay? You still have a speech to complete, let's go. Will you?" I asked extending his hand towards her. She wipes her tears and takes my hand. I smile at her and we leave the room together.

As we got out, the members and the staff were patiently waiting for her. They sighed in relief when they saw Aera with me.

"I'm glad you're fine, Aera." Jay said while side hugging her.

The staff gave her a new comfortable outfit as we still had to say goodbye to engenes. I hope they don't hate her. Please Lord. Soon, Aera came out of the room wearing her new clothes. She seemed a lot better than before. We all got on the stage again. As the fans got the sight of us, they screamed. I nod at the members agreeing that Aera should do her goodbye speech first.

She stepped up to the microphone, her voice quivering with a mix of emotions, and tears welled up in her eyes as she looked out at the audience. She felt like her heart was still racing from the wardrobe malfunction and the fear that she had messed up the performance.

"I... I don't even know where to begin. I was so afraid that I had let you all down with that wardrobe malfunction. I thought I had messed up the performance for all of you, our incredible Engenes."

Her voice trembled as she continued, "I felt so lost for a moment, and I thought I had failed you all. Before she could complete, something amazing happened. I heard their screams of support, and lovely words. As her voice quivered, the crowd erupted in screams and cheers. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she wiped them away, overwhelmed by the love and support of her fans.

"I can't thank you enough for being here for us, for showing us that even in the face of unexpected challenges, our bond with you remains unbreakable. You're not just fans; you're our family, and I promise we'll continue to give our all for you. Thank you for proving me wrong and for being our strength tonight and always."

3rd PERSON POV
The boys listened to her speech with heartfelt love and emotions. They all burst into tears seeing the maknae getting showered with love. They all went to her and wiped her tears and later group hugged.

Author's note
Hi! This is your author. I hope this chapter was not boring. I'll try to post regularly, and hope you guys drop some reviews too. Thank you!