Confronting

After arriving at the dorm, Jake got changed to casual clothes to meet his friend, Julie. He reached the cafe they were meeting at. Entering the cafe, he searched for the girl.

"Jakey!" He heard the familiar voice of his friend, Julie.

Turning around, he saw the blonde haired girl, with hazel eyes, dressed in a blue jeans with a while collar shirt. He smiled at her and walked towards her. Julie hugged Jake.

"Long time no see." He said.

"I'm glad I could meet you." Jules said smiling.

Sitting on a corner table, they started reminiscing about their childhood.

"I can't believe you're a part of one of the most popular boy group." She says excitedly, making Jake chuckle.

"Just treat me like you used to." Julie nodded, smiling.

"So, are you dating someone secretly? Like most of these idols do? Or do I still have the chance?" Julie winked at him making Jake choke on air.

"J-julie, do you still-

"No." She says, smiling.

"I am over you, now. Don't worry, I have a wonderful partner back in Australia. He treats me very well. He knows my likes and dislikes. He is clingy, talks to me about everything, makes sure I eat well and don't skip meals. He's the best person I could ever ask for." She says making Jake's heart melt.

"I'm so glad you found your love." He softly says making the girl smile and nod.

"So, did you find the girl?" Jules suddenly asked. Jake knew who she was talking about.

Back then, when Jake and his family moved to Korea, he met a girl named 'Aera'. They became really close when she suddenly moved to Australia. Julie was also Australian but she was in Korea back then for her vacations when she met Jake and they became friends. Jake had told her about Aera. Julie knew how upset Jake was, when his friend moved to Australia. So she decided to comfort him by saying that Aera would return back, soon.

"No. It's been so long. I don't know If I could ever find her." He said.

Not wanting to ruin the atmosphere, she changed the topic by saying, "Do you like someone?" Jake was taken aback by the question. He slowly nodded.

He wanted to talk to someone about this so Julie was the perfect person for this. "WAIT, what? You finally like someone? Who's she?" She yelled grabbing the attention of the people sitting around them.

"Aera Kim. My group member." Jake said. Julie's expressions went from confused, to realising, to shocked & finally to excitement.

"WHAT THE HELL SIM JAEHYUN. You are telling me that the girl you like is your group member? Omg. Does she know? Are you guys secretly dating?" She yelled again, embarrassing Jake.

"W-what? No!! She doesn't know." Jake said, stuttering.

Both the friends talked about their lives. Soon, it was time for Julie to leave as she had to meet her relatives too and Jake had to leave as soon as possible so that nobody recognises him. Bidding goodbye to each other, they walked the opposite directions.

Jake returned to the dorm and saw Aera the guys sitting in the living room talking to someone on her phone.

"I'm back." He announced gaining their attention.

The members looked at Jake and smiled. "Mom, Dad. Jake is here." Aera said, talking to her parents who were on the other side of the phone.

"Hello Uncle, and Aunt. How are you?" Jake politely asked them.